National Bank Allure Mastercard review
- Welcome Offer
- Up to 1 point per $2 spent
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
Raise money for the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation with every dollar you spend.
The National Bank Allure Mastercard lets you Earn 1 point for every $2 spent on eligible purchases. It also donates a portion of the money you spend to the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation. As for benefits, you’ll get purchase protection and extended warranty coverage when you sign up.
- Think about this card if you want to raise money for a worthy cause but don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d rather get comprehensive benefits or want to redeem the points you earn for flexible rewards.
- There are no minimum annual income requirements to qualify for this card.
If you want to shop with a card that lets you earn points while making a real-world difference, you should check out the National Bank Allure Mastercard.
- Supports a worthy cause. Raise money for the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation with every dollar you spend.
- No annual fee. Save money on out-of-pocket expenses with no annual fee.
- Decent return. Earn 1 point for every $2 spent on eligible purchases.
- Purchase protection. Take advantage of 90 days
theft and damage protection for eligible items you buy with your card.
- Extended warranty. Double your manufacturer’s warranty (up to one year) on eligible products you purchase.
- Discounts on gift cards. Get special discounts on gift cards with National Bank‘s Allure Mastercard partners.
- Extra cards for free. Grab up to 3 extra cards for no added fee.
Which stores offer discounts on gift cards?
National Bank‘s Allure Mastercard is partnered with reputable stores like Banana Republic, Gap, Amerispa, HomeSense and Old Navy.
- Zero-liability coverage. Protect against fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability coverage.
- Instant pay. Speed up your purchases with easy tap-and-go contactless payments.
- Enhanced security. Rest easy when you make purchases online with identity verification through Mastercard ID check.
- Low minimum credit limit. Get a credit limit as low as $500 to avoid going over your monthly budget.
- No income requirements. There are no minimum income requirements you need to meet to qualify for this card.
What to watch out for
- Low return. Earn 1 point for every $2 spent on eligible purchases.
- High interest. You’ll have to pay 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.49% on cash advances.
- Points are given as cash back. Your points can only be used for cash back. Earn a return of $10 for every 1,000 points you cash in (or $2,000 you spend).
- Few benefits. There are no added benefits that come with this card, such as mobile device protection or roadside assistance.
- No travel insurance. You won’t get free travel medical insurance or other travel perks with this card.
National Bank Allure Mastercard interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||20.99%|
|Cash advance rate||22.49%|
|Standard balance transfer rate||22.49%|
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a National Bank Allure Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with the age of majority of the province
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply for the National Bank Allure Mastercard
- Go to National Bank’s site.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other credit cards
The National Bank Allure Mastercard is a charitable donations card that lets you earn points while you raise money for a worthy cause. It offers a chance to earn up to $120 cash back in your first year in addition to the points you’ll earn for purchases. You’ll also qualify for basic insurance like extended warranty coverage and purchase protection when you sign up.