The Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card provides users with the opportunity to collect reward points as they spend. The card also offers travel coverage and is backed by 24/7 customer support from American Express.
Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card review
- Welcome Offer
- 50,000 points
- Up to 5x points per $1 spent
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
Earn Marriott Bonvoy points that you can use towards free hotel stays and getaways. Earn 5 points per $1 spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy, and 2 points per $1 spent elsewhere. You'll also get access to travel insurance coverage and American Express experiences.
Best for: Those who enjoy staying at Marriott hotels.
Earn up to 5 points per $1 spent
Enjoy a bonus of up to 50,000 points
Travel insurance coverage
Access Marriott Bonvoy rewards program and American Express Experiences
American Express is not as widely accepted as Visa or Mastercard
This card has an annual fee of $120
- Travel coverage. Your Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card gains you access to travel coverage from American Express. This coverage includes travel emergency and accident insurance, car rental theft and damage insurance, flight and baggage delay insurance including lost or stolen and hotel or motel burglary coverage.
- Marriott Bonvoy rewards program. The Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card places you on the Marriott Bonvoy™ rewards program. Points you earn can be used to claim luxury hotel stays and event experiences.
- Additional Cards. Additional cards carry no annual fees. You’ll be allowed up to 9 additional cards for your account, and all cardholders must be at least 13 years old. Your account must be in good standing to claim additional cards.
- 24/7 customer service. You can make a call to American Express customer service at any time, on any day.
- Welcome bonus. Earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus points. Charge $1,500 in purchases to your card in your first three months.
- Marriott Bonvoy membership perks. Get an Annual Free Night Award for up to 35,000 points at eligible hotels and resorts worldwide every year after your first anniversary. Plus, receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year, which can be used towards attaining the next level of Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program. Enjoy an automatic upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status when you reach $30,000 in purchases on your card each year or when you combine 10 qualifying paid nights within one calendar year with the 15 Elite Night Credits from your card.
- Accelerated points earning. Earn 5 points per $1 spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy, and 2 points per $1 spent elsewhere. Points can be redeemed for free night stays with no blackout dates at over 7,000 participating Marriott hotels.
- Referral bonus. You could gain Marriott Bonvoy points for every approved referral to the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (up to 150,000 points per year).
What to watch out for
- International use. If you’re travelling overseas with your card remember that American Express is not as widely accepted as Mastercard and Visa.
- Missed payments. You could see an interest rate rise up to 26.99% should you miss 3 payments in any 12 month period.
Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||20.99%|
|Cash advance rate||21.99%|
What should I know before I apply?
To be eligible for the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card you must:
- Be a Canadian resident.
- Have a Canadian credit file.
- Be the age of majority in the province or territory where you live.
Required documents and information:
- Your name and contact information.
- Your residential address.
- Accounts information.
How to apply for the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card
- Head to the American Express website.
- Choose the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card and select ‘apply’ to start your application.
- Fill in the application, providing the necessary information and documentation where appropriate.
- Double check and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
You could hear from American Express in as soon as 60 seconds. Your exact approval time will depend on the application you have provided. If you’ve forgotten to add documentation or your application needs a manual review, your approval wait could take 10 business days.
Compare other American Express credit cards
You can’t go wrong with the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card if you’re looking for plenty of rewards points and extensive travel coverage options.