Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card Review
With the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card, you can accrue bonus points for the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program.
The Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card provides users with the opportunity to collect reward points as they spend. The card also offers travel coverage and is backed by 24/7 customer support from American Express.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card|
|Reward||Receive 5 Marriott Bonvoy™ points per dollar spent on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties and 2 points on all other spend. Terms apply|
|Welcome Offer||Receive 50,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy™ points when you charge $1,500 in the first three months of card membership. Terms apply|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||21.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- Specialised rewards earning and spending.
- Rate rises for missed payments.
- Travel coverage. Your Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card gains you access to travel coverage from American Express. This coverage includes travel emergency and accident insurance, car rental theft and damage insurance, flight and baggage delay insurance including lost or stolen and hotel or motel burglary coverage.
- Marriott Bonvoy rewards program. The Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card places you on the Marriott Bonvoy™ rewards program. Points you earn can be used to claim luxury hotel stays and event experiences.
- Additional Cards. Additional cards carry no annual fees. You’ll be allowed up to 9 additional cards for your account, and all cardholders must be at least 13 years old. Your account must be in good standing to claim additional cards.
- 24/7 customer service. You can make a call to American Express customer service at any time, on any day.
- Welcome bonus. You’ll be awarded 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points if you make $1,500 worth of purchases on your card in your first 3 months, sufficient for 3 free nights in a category 2 hotel.
- Marriott Bonvoy membership. As a card member, you are eligible for a complimentary Marriott Bonvoy membership at the ‘Silver Elite’ status level. Automatic upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status when you spend $30,000 in purchases on your card each year. As an elite Marriott Bonvoy member, you will receive 15 Elite Night Credits per year.
- One night free accommodation per year. Each year you remain on the card, you’ll be gifted a one night stay at a participating Marriott Bonvoy property for your anniversary. Your account must be in good standing to receive this benefit.
- Accelerated points earning. Your Marriott Bonvoy American Express Cardd can earn you 5 points for every $1 spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties and 2 points on all other spend. Points can be redeemed for free night stays with no blackout dates at over 7,000 participating Marriott hotels.
- Referral bonus. You could gain up to Refer a friend, and you could earn a referral bonus of 10,000 points (subject to application approval). Marriott Bonvoy points for every approved referral to the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (up to 150,000 points per year).
What to watch out for
- International use. If you’re travelling overseas with your card remember that American Express is not as widely accepted as Mastercard and Visa.
- Missed payments. You could see an interest rate rise up to 26.99% should you miss 3 payments in any 12 month period.
What should I know before I apply?
To be eligible for the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card you must:
- Be a Canadian resident.
- Have a Canadian credit file.
- Be the age of majority in the province or territory where you live.
Required documents and information:
- Your name and contact information.
- Your residential address.
- Accounts information.
How to apply for the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card
- Head to the American Express website.
- Choose the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card and select ‘apply’ to start your application.
- Fill in the application, providing the necessary information and documentation where appropriate.
- Double check and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
You could hear from American Express in as soon as 60 seconds. Your exact approval time will depend on the application you have provided. If you’ve forgotten to add documentation or your application needs a manual review, your approval wait could take 10 business days.
Compare other American Express credit cards*The products compared on this page are chosen from a range of offers available to us and are not representative of all the products available in the market. There is no perfect order or perfect ranking system for the products we list on our Site, so we provide you with the functionality to self-select, re-order and compare products. The initial display order is influenced by a range of factors including conversion rates, product costs and commercial arrangements, so please don't interpret the listing order as an endorsement or recommendation from us. We're happy to provide you with the tools you need to make better decisions, but we'd like you to make your own decisions and compare and assess products based on your own preferences, circumstances and needs.
You can’t go wrong with the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card if you’re looking for plenty of rewards points and extensive travel coverage options.