Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Get 1 hour loans with no employment verification in Canada
Find out how to get approval for unemployment loans with no job verification.
If you are unemployed but still have some form of money coming in, then you may still be able to qualify for a loan. While most personal loan lenders require that you are receiving employment income, payday loan or installment loan lenders can offer loans in as little as 1 hour with no employment verification in Canada. These types of loans rely on other factors, such as your credit score or non-employment income, so you won’t need to hold a job to qualify.
Can I get a 1 hour loan with no employment verification in Canada?
Yes, you can get a loan in as little as 1 hour with no employment verification. With a payday loan, you may even be able to receive funds within 15 minutes of approval.
Whatever loan type you choose, you may need to prove you have a good credit score (between 660 and 900), enough money in your bank (or in assets) or enough non-employment income to repay your loan on time. Some examples of non-employment income are the Canada Child Benefit (CCB), employment insurance (EI), disability, investment dividends or your pension.
Option 1: Payday loans
A payday loan is a small, but expensive, credit solution of $100 to $1,500 designed to be repaid the next time you receive your income, usually up to 62 days later. You can often get payday loans in less than 1 hour with no employment verification. Online payday loan lenders in Canada will often e-transfer the funds directly into your bank account in as little as 15 minutes of approval.
Provincial and federal laws regulate the maximum amount that can be charged on payday loans across Canada, which typically ranges from $15 to $25 for every $100 borrowed. Lenders will need to verify your source of non-employment income. Payday loans accept most types of unemployment income with no job verification as long as you receive money on a regular basis. Compare online lenders below.
⚠️ Warning: Be cautious with payday loansPayday loans are expensive. If you're experiencing financial hardship call Credit Counselling Canada for free financial counselling (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm at +1 866-398-5999). Consider alternatives instead of a payday loan:
- Local resources. Government programs and nonprofits offer free financial services and help with food, utilities and rent.
- Debt relief companies. There are services to help you reduce your debt payments.
- Payment extensions. Talk with bill providers about longer payment plans or due-date extensions.
- Side jobs. Sell unwanted items online, sign up for food delivery and more.
Maximum borrowing costs per provinceAlways refer to your contract for exact repayment amounts and costs as they may vary from our results.
|Province||Maximum allowable cost of borrowing|
|Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Ontario & Prince Edward Island||$15 per $100 borrowed|
|Manitoba & Saskatchewan||$17 per $100 borrowed|
|Nova Scotia||$19 per $100 borrowed|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||$21 per $100 borrowed|
|Northwest Territories, Nunavut & the Yukon||$60 per $100 borrowed|
|Quebec||Limit of 35% annual interest rate (AIR)|
Option 2: Installment loans
Installment loans come in larger amounts – between $500 and $15,000 – with lower interest rates than payday loans. Lenders will need to verify your source of income, but it often doesn’t have to be employment income. Some installment loans can accept government benefits such as disability or EI income.
Installment loans may take longer than 1 hour to process, but can still be much quicker than other types of loans. You may be able to get an installment loan within 2 hours or within the same day of applying. Compare online lenders below.
Can I get a 1 hour loan with no employment verification and bad credit?
As long as you have steady non-employment income, there are a few 1 hour loan options available to you even if you have bad credit. Payday loans are usually available to this type of borrower. But payday loans should be your last option because they have an extremely high cost of borrowing. Depending on your province, they can cost between $15 to $25 for every $100 borrowed. If you want to get a payday loan, make sure you’re able to repay it in full by your next payday, or you may find yourself in a cycle of debt. You can compare payday loan options above.
Some installment loans can also accept borrowers with bad credit and regular non-employment income, but approval really boils down to the lender. Some installment loan lenders have more flexible eligibility criteria than others. In order to find the right lender for your situation, you might want to search the lender networks of online brokers like Loans Canada and LoanConnect. Each broker has a large network, and you can see your lender matches for free by filling out one simple application. Compare online brokers and lenders.
Tips to speed up the process of getting no employment verification loans
If you’re concerned that the process of getting 1 hour loans with no employment verification may take longer than you want, here are a few things you can do to speed up the process.
- Verify that the lender operates in the province or territory where you live.
- Prepare your documents in advance, such as government-issued ID and proof of unemployment income.
- Prepare your banking information in advance, such as a void cheque or your transit (branch) number, financial institution number and account number.
- Review your application for errors before submitting it.
- Submit your application within business hours. If you’re applying on a Saturday or Sunday, apply with payday loan lenders that operate on weekends. Or you can apply with online payday lenders that use automated systems to give instant approvals, as most of them do.
How to compare unemployment loans with no job verification in Canada?
Before you go ahead with your application for a no employment verification loan, you should compare lenders based on the following factors:
- Interest rates. Low interest rates can save you thousands of dollars in interest over the course of your loan.
- Fees. Most lenders won’t charge any upfront fees, so you should steer clear of the ones that do.
- Term. Find a loan that is a good length for you. It should be long enough to make monthly payments affordable and short enough to save you money on interest.
- Repayment conditions. You should take time to find a lender that will work with you to set the best terms for your loan, including renegotiating payments if you can’t afford them.
- Customer service. Aim to work with a reputable lender. You can check their online ratings or look at a comparison site like this one to see which ones are trusted by other customers.
How do I get a loan without a job?
If you’re in between jobs but have a strong record of repaying your loans on time, you can apply for a no employment verification loan by following these steps:
- Check your credit score. If you want to figure out if you qualify, you’ll need to check your credit score. The higher your credit score, the higher your chances of getting approved.
- Compare lenders. Your next step should be to compare lenders to find the best interest rates and terms for your loan. Compare installment loans or payday loans.
- Fill out your application. When you find the “golden” combo, you’ll need to apply for your loan by filling in your personal details.
- Verify your identity. You’ll be required to prove your identity by submitting a government-issued piece of ID. You may also need to submit your bank statements.
Other loans with no employment verification
Below are other financing options to consider if you don’t want employment verification:
- Guarantor loans. You’ll be much more eligible to apply for a no employment verification loan if you have a cosigner who has good credit. A cosigner agrees to cover your loan repayments should you default on them. Learn more about cosigned loans.
- Borrowing from loved ones. If you’re struggling to repay your debts, it might make more sense to ask your family or friends for a no interest loan. Learn more about family loans.
FAQs about 1 hour loans with no employment verification in Canada
More guides on Finder
A-Z list of store financing for electronics and household items
Browse our list of 14+ stores that offer financing for electronics and household items.
Personal loans for a credit score under 600
Compare personal loans for a credit score under 600. Apply online and get approved within 24 hours.
Get a $6,000 loan
Find out where you can take out a $6,000 loan in Canada and what you need to qualify.
Personal loans in Toronto
Compare personal loans in Toronto for good and bad credit scores.
Get an $8,000 loan
Learn how you can apply for an $8,000 loan in a few easy steps.
Alpha Loans review
Weigh the pros and cons of applying to Alpha Loans, a Quebec-based lender.
easyfinancial vs Fairstone
Compare the features of easyfinancial vs Fairstone, 2 large online lenders in Canada.
Compare personal loans in BC
Compare personal loans in BC. Apply online and borrow up to $50,000.
Get a $7,000 loan
Find out how to get a $7,000 personal loan and how much it could cost you.
5 loans like Mogo
Browse personal loans like Mogo based on features like interest rates and eligibility requirements.