Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
E-transfer payday loans in Manitoba
How to get money fast with an e-transfer payday loan from a licensed lender.
If you need money urgently to cover an essential expense, an e-transfer payday loan is one of the quickest ways to access cash. Online payday loans offer fast approvals and funding, and some even offer e-transfers 24/7.
However, e-transfer payday loans in Manitoba come with extremely high interest rates and very short repayment terms, so be sure to consider all your other options first.
⚠️ Warning: Be cautious with payday loansPayday loans are expensive. If you're experiencing financial hardship call Credit Counselling Canada for free financial counselling (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm at +1 866-398-5999). Consider payday loan alternatives:
- Visit 211.ca. A free and confidential service that connects you to organizations that can help with finances, food, housing and more.
- Debt relief companies. There are services to help you reduce your debt payments.
- Payment extensions. Talk with bill providers about longer payment plans or due-date extensions.
- Side jobs. Sell unwanted items online, sign up for food delivery and more.
Compare e-transfer payday loans in Manitoba
|Payday lender||Loan details||E-transfer details||Non-employment income it accepts|
|E-transfer 24/7 in as little as 2 minutes.||Many types, such as employment insurance, child tax, ODSP, AISH, provincial disability, CPP, OAS and social assistance|
|As little as 15 minutes with INTERAC e-Transfer||CPP, child tax credit, unemployment, disability|
No credit check required
|E-transfer 24/7 in 2 hours.||Many types, such as child tax credit, EI, disability and pensions|
No credit check required
|E-transfer 24/7 in 15 minutes.||CCB, disability, pensions||Read review|
No credit check required
|E-transfer within 5 minutes.||Child tax credit, CPP, private pension and disability income; does not accept EI or CERB.||Read review|
Quick summary of e-transfer payday loans in Manitoba
- Loan amounts of $100–$1,500, up to 30% of your paycheque
- Loan terms of up to 62 days
- Fees of $17 for every $100 borrowed
What are the eligibility requirements?
Generally speaking, to qualify for a payday loan in Manitoba you will need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a Canadian citizen or resident
- Have a permanent address
- Have a steady source of income
- Have a valid Canadian bank account which can receive e-transfers
However, the exact eligibility requirements vary between lenders. Some payday lenders accept government benefits as income but others don’t, so check the eligibility criteria before you apply.
Can you get an e-transfer payday loan in Manitoba with no credit check?
Yes, you can get an e-transfer payday loan without undergoing a credit check, but it’s important to make sure you’re dealing with a legitimate lender. A legit lender will assess your income by looking at your bank statements or pay stubs, and will determine your ability to repay the money you want to borrow.
You can spot a legitimate payday lender by the fact that they:
- Are licensed as a payday lender in Manitoba
- Follow all payday loan regulations in Manitoba
- Don’t offer guaranteed loan approval
- Have a secure website
Find out more about how to find a reputable lender in our guide to payday loan scams and how to avoid them.
Can you get an e-transfer payday loan in Manitoba with no documents?
Yes. While some payday lenders will require you to send them pay stubs or bank statements to prove that you have a stable income, many lenders now offer instant bank verification.
Rather than sending documents, this process allows you to simply log in to your bank account via a secure third-party portal. The lender is then sent a read-only copy of your bank statements to help verify your identity and assess your income.
It’s a fast and easy process that can help you access quicker loan approval, and the lender doesn’t get access to details like your online banking username or password.
What to watch out for
A payday loan might seem like an easy way out of a financial pickle, but that’s often not the case. Make sure you’re aware of the key risks associated with payday lending:
- Very expensive. A payday loan is an extremely expensive way to borrow money. With a fee of $17 for every $100 borrowed paired with short repayment periods, payday loans commonly have APRs of 300% or significantly more.
- Short loan terms. The maximum length of a payday loan in Manitoba is 62 days, but you usually need to repay by your next payday. With such a short amount of time to repay what you borrow, be certain you can afford to pay back the loan on time and still stay on top of all your other essential expenses.
- Cycle of debt. Payday loans make it easy to get trapped in an endless cycle of debt that can be very difficult to escape. Here’s how it works: You need money for an urgent expense so you take out a payday loan, but because it’s so expensive to pay back, you end up needing to borrow more money to pay off your debts and expenses for the month. This is why a payday loan should only ever be considered as a last resort, and why you should consider payday loan alternatives.
- Predatory lenders. Unfortunately, the payday lending space can attract illegitimate lenders who take advantage of people in dire financial situations. Make sure you only ever deal with a lender that has a payday lending licence in Manitoba and abides by all payday loan regulations. These regulations impose limits on how much a lender can charge you to repay your loan, and specify all the information that must be included in a payday loan agreement. Find out more from the Consumer Protection Office.
Cost example: James, a Winnipeg resident, needs a $1,000 loan fast
James needs a $1,000 loan to pay for essential mechanical work on his car. He applies for a payday loan through a lender that offers e-transfers within 15 minutes, but he’ll need to pay back the funds he borrows in 14 days.
As you can see in the table below, with fees of $17 per $100 borrowed and a short loan term, this loan effectively has an APR of more than 440%. In total, it’ll cost James $1,170 to pay back what he borrows.
|Fee||$170 ($17 per $100 borrowed)|
|Loan term||14 days|
|Total cost of loan||$1,170|
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Loans like Advance America
These providers offer similar loans to Advance America for quick cash.
Credit Club review: Online payday lender
Your guide to the features, eligibility and pros and cons of Credit Club payday loans.
Cash One review
Before you apply for a payday loan from Cash One Inc., read this review to help you make an informed decision.
True Payday Loan review
Read this review before deciding whether to apply for a loan from True Payday Loan.
Cash advance service Bree allows you to borrow up to $150 with no interest and no late fees.
Planet Loan Inc. review
Read this review on Planet Loan Inc. before you apply on their website.
Faxless Payday Loans review
If you’re thinking of applying for a loan from Faxless Payday Loan, read this first.
Your guide to Nyble, an early payroll service that offers lines of credit of up to $150.
Apple Cash Loans review
Before you apply with appletreecash.com or applecash.ca, read this review to help you make an informed decision.