If you need money urgently to cover an essential expense, an e-transfer payday loan is one of the quickest ways to access cash. Online payday loans offer fast approvals and funding, and some even offer e-transfers 24/7.
However, e-transfer payday loans in Manitoba come with extremely high interest rates and very short repayment terms, so be sure to consider all your other options first.
⚠️ Warning: Be cautious with payday loansHigh-cost payday loans are unsustainable for borrowing over a continued period of time and are expensive as a means of longer-term borrowing. View payday costs and regulations by province here. If you're experiencing financial hardship call Credit Counselling Canada for free financial counselling (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm at +1 866-398-5999). You may also want to consider payday loan alternatives.
Compare e-transfer payday loans in Manitoba
|Payday lender||Loan details||E-transfer details||Non-employment income it accepts|
No documents required
|E-transfer 24/7 in as little as 2 minutes.||Many types, such as employment insurance, child tax, ODSP, AISH, provincial disability, CPP, OAS and social assistance|
|As little as 15 minutes with INTERAC e-Transfer®||CPP, child tax credit, unemployment, disability|
No credit check required
|E-transfer 24/7 in 2 hours.||Many types, such as child tax credit, EI, disability and pensions|
No credit check required
|E-transfer 24/7 in 15 minutes.||CCB, disability, pensions||Read review|
No credit check required
|E-transfer within 5 minutes.||Child tax credit, CPP, private pension and disability income; does not accept EI or CERB.||Read review|
Maximum borrowing costs of payday loans per provinceAlways refer to your contract for exact repayment amounts and costs.
|Province||Max. cost of borrowing a $100 payday loan||Cooling off period to cancel loan||Max. penalty for returned cheque or pre-authorized debit|
|Alberta||$15||2 business days||$25|
|British Columbia||$15||2 business days||$20|
|Manitoba||$17||48 hours excluding Sundays and holidays||$20|
|New Brunswick||$15||48 hours excluding Sundays and holidays||$20|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||$14||2 business days||$20|
|Nova Scotia||$17||Next business day (2 days for online loans)||$40 (default penalty)|
|Ontario||$15||2 business days||$25|
|Prince Edward Island||$15||2 business days||N/A|
|Quebec||Limit of 35% AIR||N/A||N/A|
|Saskatchewan||$17||Next business day||$25|
Quick summary of e-transfer payday loans in Manitoba
- Loan amounts of $100–$1,500, up to 30% of your paycheque
- Loan terms of up to 62 days
- Fees of $17 for every $100 borrowed
- Funding within minutes – these are emergency loans
What are the eligibility requirements?
Generally speaking, to qualify for e-transfer payday loans in Manitoba you will need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a Manitoba resident
- Have a permanent address
- Have a steady source of income
- Have a valid Canadian bank account which can receive e-transfers
However, the exact eligibility requirements vary between lenders. Some payday lenders accept government benefits as income but others don’t, so check the eligibility criteria before you apply.
How to apply for payday loans in Manitoba
To get an online payday loan fast, complete these steps:
- Fill out the application. You’ll provide your name, contact, job and housing details.
- Get a decision. Payday lenders in Manitoba can let you know if you’re approved within minutes.
- Sign the contract. Review the loan agreement and sign when ready.
- Get funded. Get your money in as little as a few minutes with Interac e-Transfer.
Can you get an e-transfer payday loan in Manitoba with no credit check?
Yes, you can get an e-transfer payday loan without undergoing a credit check, but it’s important to make sure you’re dealing with a legitimate lender. A legit lender will assess your income by looking at your bank statements or pay stubs, and will determine your ability to repay the money you want to borrow.
You can spot a legitimate payday lender by the fact that they:
- Are licensed as a payday lender in Manitoba
- Follow all payday loan regulations in Manitoba
- Don’t offer guaranteed loan approval
- Have a secure website
Find out more about how to find a reputable lender in our guide to payday loan scams and how to avoid them.
Can you get an e-transfer payday loan in Manitoba with no documents?
Yes. While some payday lenders will require you to send them pay stubs or bank statements to prove that you have a stable income, many lenders now offer instant bank verification.
Rather than sending documents, this process allows you to simply log in to your bank account via a secure third-party portal. The lender is then sent a read-only copy of your bank statements to help verify your identity and assess your income.
Getting an e-transfer payday loan in Manitoba with no documents is a fast and easy process that can help you access quicker loan approval. Your lender won’t get access to details like your online banking username or password.
What to watch out for with payday loans in Manitoba
An e-transfer payday loan in Manitoba might seem like an easy way out of a financial pickle, but that’s often not the case. Make sure you’re aware of the key risks associated with payday lending:
- Very expensive. A payday loan is an extremely expensive way to borrow money. With a fee of $17 for every $100 borrowed paired with short repayment periods, payday loans commonly have APRs of 300% or significantly more.
- Short loan terms. The maximum length of a payday loan in Manitoba is 62 days, but you usually need to repay by your next payday. With such a short amount of time to repay what you borrow, be certain you can afford to pay back the loan on time and still stay on top of all your other essential expenses.
- Cycle of debt. Payday loans make it easy to get trapped in an endless cycle of debt that can be very difficult to escape. Here’s how it works: You need money for an urgent expense so you take out a payday loan, but because it’s so expensive to pay back, you end up needing to borrow more money to pay off your debts and expenses for the month. This is why a payday loan should only ever be considered as a last resort, and why you should consider payday loan alternatives.
- Predatory lenders. Unfortunately, the payday lending space can attract illegitimate lenders who take advantage of people in dire financial situations. Make sure you only ever deal with a lender that has a payday lending licence in Manitoba and abides by all payday loan regulations. These regulations impose limits on how much a lender can charge you to repay your loan, and specify all the information that must be included in a payday loan agreement. Find out more from the Consumer Protection Office.
Cost example: James, a Winnipeg resident, needs a $1,000 loan fast
James needs a $1,000 loan to pay for essential mechanical work on his car. He applies for a payday loan through a lender that offers e-transfers within 15 minutes, but he’ll need to pay back the funds he borrows in 14 days.
As you can see in the table below, with fees of $17 per $100 borrowed and a short loan term, this loan effectively has an APR of more than 440%. In total, it’ll cost James $1,170 to pay back what he borrows.
|Fee||$170 ($17 per $100 borrowed)|
|Loan term||14 days|
|Total cost of loan||$1,170|
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Get a $50 loan instantly in Canada
How to compare your options when you need a $50 instant loan.
6 loans like Cash App in Canada
If you’re searching for loans like Cash App in Canada, check out these alternatives.
Loans like iCash
Compare a selection of loans like iCash.
No refusal loans in Canada
Legit no refusal loans don’t exist, but check out these reputable lenders that offer fast loans and accept bad credit.
Compare short-term loans in Canada
Compare your options for short-term loans in Canada. Apply online and get your money in as little as 1 hour.
8 best payday loans in Toronto
Compare eight payday loans in Toronto and learn how to find the right loan for you.
6 fast and easy loans in Canada: Apply online
Here are 6 easy loans to get in Canada, but watch out for high interest rates.
Get a $500 loan
Here’s how to get a small $500 loan to see you through until your next payday.
Unemployment loans in Canada with fast approvals
Compare lenders in Canada that can approve you for unemployment loans.