How to use the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant
Plan your next itinerary with minimum effort using the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant.
The CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant is a travel planning service offered exclusively to Aventura cardholders. This complimentary service will help you plan your perfect trip, including booking flights, hotels, event tickets and more. This means that you can spend less time booking tickets and planning your itinerary while still being able to enjoy a seamless trip.
Use this post to find out more about how you can take advantage of the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant as an Aventura cardholder.
How does the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant work?
The CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant is affiliated with CIBC but operated by an independent travel service agency (Merit Travel Group). It consists of a team of on-call travel support agents that you can contact by phone to help you plan your travel. This service will take care of everything you need to map out your itinerary, including recommending flights, hotels, car rentals, tours and activities for your trip.
When you settle on your itinerary, the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant will help you book your trip using your points or your Aventura credit card. And the best part is, you won’t have to pay booking fees for this service and you’ll also earn double the points for every dollar you spend.
What services does the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant offer?
The CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant offers information about what travel plans might work best for you on top of the booking services it offers when you call its customer support team.
- Flights. You’ll get recommendations for suitable flights with no blackout dates, and you can request help booking the flight of your choice when necessary.
- Hotels. Your accommodation will be planned out based on the class of hotel you want to stay in if you’re looking to make your trip a package deal.
- Car rentals. You’ll get help booking car rentals to make sure you have the perfect vehicle when you land in your destination.
- Vacations. You’ll be able to tap into personalized vacation packages (including cruises and all-inclusive getaways) based on your individual wants and needs.
- Activities. You’ll get information and booking assistance for the top restaurants, events, shows and excursions available in the destination you’re travelling to.
How can I use the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant?
You can use the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant by calling its customer service team at 1-888-232-5656. You’ll need to provide your personal details to the agent when you call in, and they should be able to access your cardholder account. From there, they can see how many points you have and help you book your travel.
When you’re booking your travel package, you can pay using your Aventura Points or your Aventura credit card. You can also redeem as many points as you want, and pay for the rest of your travel using your credit card. For any real dollar amount you spend, you’ll also earn double the points as long as you book your travel through the CIBC Rewards Centre.
How can I earn Aventura points?
You’ll be able to earn CIBC Aventura points whenever you spend money on your Aventura credit card. You’ll usually get a flat rate of points for every dollar you spend, but you might be able to earn accelerated points for making daily purchases like gas or groceries.
You’ll also get a welcome bonus when you sign up for your card that can be put towards travel with the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant. You can also earn extra points by checking out CIBC’s promotional offers on its website.
What’s the best way to use my points?
The best way to redeem your Aventura points when you cash them in with the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant is on flights. This is because you’ll get the best value for your points with this type of redemption. The following are some of the reasons why cashing your points in for flights makes sense:
- No blackout dates or restrictions. Aventura gives you the chance to use your points to book any flight you want at any time of year.
- Use points to cover taxes and fees. You can use your points to pay for the taxes and fees on your flights.
- Points won’t expire. Your points won’t expire as long as your card remains active.
- No booking fees. You won’t have to pay additional fees to CIBC to book your flights through the CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant.
The CIBC Aventura Travel Assistant is a complimentary travel planning service offered exclusively to Aventura cardholders. Find out how you can use this service to book all of your travel necessities, including flights, hotels, car rentals, activities and more. Learn more about how you can use this service to plan your next trip and book your itinerary without the hassle.