CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card Review
For the ordinary spender and traveller, the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card is a superb choice.Snag 10,000 Aeroplan points when you sign up and make your first purchase.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card|
|Reward||Earn 1 Aeroplan point for every dollar spent on gas and groceries as well as on Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations purchases. Earn 1 Aeroplan point for every $1.50 spent on everything else.|
|Welcome Offer||Obtain 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||21 days|
- An affordable credit card that has no annual fee or cost for additional users.
- Minimal travel perks are included with this credit card.
- Earn and pool points with the Aeroplan rewards program.
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card is ideal for those who prefer simple travel and a simple lifestyle. Check out the basic features of the credit card below.
- Earn on daily expenditures. With this card, Earn 1 Aeroplan point for every dollar spent on gas and groceries as well as on Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations purchases. Earn 1 Aeroplan point for every $1.50 spent on everything else.
- Welcome offer. When you make your first purchase, you’ll Earn points twice when you spend with Aeroplan partners or shop with retailers in Aeroplan’s online eStore.
- Purchase insurance. Shop with comfort using CIBC’s purchase security and extended warranty insurance coverage.
- Travel insurance. Utilize common carrier accident and car rental insurance while abroad.
- No annual fee. There is no yearly cost to use this credit card.
- Low income requirements. The annual income requirement is set low at $15,000.
- Aeroplan rewards. Reap the benefits of being an Aeroplan member. No restrictions and the ability to purchase rewards with points plus cash are a few of the perks.
- Pool points. The Aeroplan program allows authorized users to add their plan number to your credit card account. By pooling points with others, you can earn and redeem rewards faster.
- Free additional cards. Adding another user to your account is free.
What to watch out for
- High interest rates. Purchases accrue interest at 19.99%. Cash advances accrue interest at 22.99%.
- Minimal travel benefits. Aside from basic travel insurance, this credit card doesn’t come with additional travel benefits.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian resident
- Be the age of majority in your province or territory
- Have not declared bankruptcy in the past seven years
- Earn at least $15,000 of income annually
Required documentation and information
During the application process, you will be asked to provide the following details:
- Personal information including your full name, residential address and occupation
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
How to apply
Interested individuals can apply for the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card by calling CIBC, visiting a CIBC branch, meeting with an expert or online. To complete an online application, follow these steps:
- Go to CIBC’s website
- Click on Credit Cards, then Explore Credit Cards
- Click Travel
- Scroll down to CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card, click Apply now
- Complete the application
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card is an optimal choice for the simple traveller and spender. These consumers will benefit from no annual fee, minimal income requirements and free additional users. Those who want extra travel perks should continue researching credit card options.