Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card review
Get comprehensive travel benefits and earn Aeroplan Miles faster when you spend money on your card.
No longer offered in the market
The CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card is no longer available. However, we’ve kept the information online for those who are interested.
You can compare more CIBC credit cards here.
The CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card offers a full suite of travel benefits along with a decent return on Aeroplan Miles. Earn 1.5 Aeroplan Miles for every $1 you spend at gas stations, grocery stores, drug stores and aircanada.com, and 1 mile for every $1 spent elsewhere. This card also comes with a generous welcome bonus.
- Think about this card if you collect Aeroplan Miles and want exclusive travel perks.
- Choose something else if you’re interested in a low interest card or no annual fee.
- You’ll need to have an individual income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000 to apply for this credit card.
Whether you’re a frequent flyer or you’re getting ready for your first trip overseas, the CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card has a lot to offer in the way of travel perks and benefits.
- Decent return. Earn 1.5 Aeroplan Miles for every $1 you spend at gas stations, grocery stores, drug stores and aircanada.com, and 1 mile for every $1 spent elsewhere.
- Earn 2x the rewards. Get 2x the miles when you show your Aeroplan membership along with your credit card when shopping for over 150 partner brands.
- Welcome offer. Earn up to 20,000 bonus Aeroplan Miles when you sign up for this card. You’ll receive 15,000 when you make your first purchase and receive 5,000 more once you spend at least $3,000 on your card in the first four months.
- Travel medical insurance. Avoid paying for third-party travel medical insurance with full coverage on your card for the first 15 days of your trip.
- Travel benefits. Protect yourself against losses with additional trip interruption and cancellation insurance as well as flight delay and baggage insurance.
- Purchase assurance. Rest easy with 90 days of purchase protection and extended warranty coverage on eligible products you buy with your card.
- Lounge access. Get an annual free pass to Air Canada’s Maple Leaf lounge.
- Common carrier insurance. Insure your trip with up to $500,000 coverage when you travel by plane, ferry, train or bus.
- Car rental insurance. Protect your rental car with free coverage for any expenses related to damage or collision.
- Optional insurance. Pay an additional fee to get balance protection insurance in case you can no longer pay your bills due to an emergency.
- Visa Infinite perks. Get 24-hour concierge service and exclusive offers on events, dining and experiences.
- Fraud alerts. Avoid paying for fraudulent charges on your account with quick alerts about suspicious activity.
- Enhanced security. Make worry-free purchases with encrypted chip-enabled cards and Visa Checkout services for online payments.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. It costs $120 per year to keep this card active. But you can receive an annual fee rebate if you have a CIBC Smart Plus Account.
- Interest rates. Interest rates are 19.99% for outstanding balances and 22.99% for cash advances and balance transfers.
- No cashback. You won’t be able to exchange your miles for cash in hand.
- Fee for additional cards. Every additional card that you add to your account will cost $50
- High minimum income. You’ll need to make at least $60,000per year to qualify for this card.
What should I know before I apply?
How to apply
- Head to the CIBC website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
If you travel regularly or you want to collect more Aeroplan Miles for an upcoming trip, then the CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card could be a suitable fit for you. This card comes with a generous welcome bonus and comprehensive travel insurance, but you’ll need to pay an annual fee to keep your account active.