SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express Review
Get more cash back on everyday purchases with the SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express.Earn 10% cash back on all eligible purchases (up to $400 in cash back) for the first four months of Cardmembership.
10% cash back
2% cash back
|Rewards||Earn 2% cash back on all eligible card purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 10% cash back on all eligible purchases (up to $400 in cash back) for the first four months of Cardmembership.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||21.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
- Get this card if you want to earn a higher return of cash back on all eligible purchases.
- Choose something else if you would rather receive less rewards in return for no annual fee.
If you’re looking to get a bigger slice of the cash back pie and want to make more money on everyday purchases, then you might like to check out the SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express. This card comes with an annual fee but translates into more cash back on average than the fee-free SimplyCash Credit Card.
- Cash back. Earn 2% cash back on all eligible card purchases.
- Welcome offer. Earn 10% cash back on all eligible purchases (up to $400 in cash back) for the first four months of Cardmembership.
- Refer a friend. Earn up to a maximum annual referral bonus of $1,500 cash back for approved referrals.
- Travel and shopping coverage. Offers extended warranty and insurance coverage on products purchased with your SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express, along with a whole suite of travel insurance to cover lost or stolen luggage, car rental and theft, flight delays, baggage delays and many other incidentals. This comes with up to $5,000,000 Out-of-Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance. Terms and conditions apply.
- Special offers and experiences. Entertainment access with American Express Invites® allows you to purchase early-entry tickets or book seats in advance for in-demand entertainment, including concerts, theatre productions and other special events in addition to deals on dining and shopping.
- Custom entertainment packages. Get exclusive deals on packages offered to American Express card holders, including discounts on spur-of-the-moment trips, advance screenings of blockbuster movies and online and in-store shopping promotions.
- World class service. Tap into customer service at any time of day or night by dialing the number on the back of your card. Speak to a customer service agent to report fraudulent charges (largely covered by a Fraud Protection Guarantee) or to cancel or replace lost or stolen cards.
- Free Additional Cards. Add extra cards to your account for family and friends to help increase your annual cash back balance at no additional charge.
What to watch out for
- Not as widely accepted overseas. The SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express may not be accepted in certain location overseas.
- Penalty APR. Missing or losing track of payments could cost you an arm and a leg with an APR of 23.99% - 26.99% Variable on the outstanding balance.
What do other customers say?Many customers report that they are happy with the perks and benefits on offer from the SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express.
The $99 annual fee cuts into cash back rewards, so if you don’t feel like you can cover your losses it might make more sense to settle for the fee-free version of this card. American Express has been widely praised by many cardholders for a responsive customer service department.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the American Express website.
- Select the SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express and click Apply now to begin your application.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other American Express credit cards
The SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express is a viable option for new members who are looking to make a high volume of purchases in their first few months of card membership and want to maximize their cash back rewards. This card offers a number of perks and benefits with a relatively low annual fee. It is offered as an upgrade on the SimplyCash Card from American Express, which may be a good option for those customers looking for a fee-free cash back option.