SimplyCash Card from American Express review
- Welcome Offer
- $100 in statement credits
- Up to 2% cash back
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
If you're an avid shopper or want to get more bang for your buck on everyday purchases like groceries and gas, then the SimplyCash Card from American Express might be the right fit for you.
Best for: Those who use credit for everyday purchases like gas and groceries.
Enjoy a welcome offer
Earn up to 2% cashback
Travel insurance and shopping coverage
Refer a friend bonus available
No annual fee
Amex is not as widely accepted
This card comes with a high penally APR if you pay late
Key features of the SimplyCash Card from American Express
- Cash back. Earn 2% cash back on eligible gas purchases in Canada, 2% cash back on eligible grocery purchases in Canada (up to $300 cash back annually), and earn 1.25% cash back elsewhere.
- Welcome offer. In your first 10 months, earn a $10 statement credit for each monthly billing period in which you spend $300 in purchases. This could add up to $100 in statement credits in the first 10 months.
- Refer a friend. Earn up to a maximum annual referral bonus of $375 cash back for approved referrals.
- Travel and shopping coverage. Provides extended warranty and insurance coverage on products purchased with your SimplyCash Card from American Express, along with complimentary $100,000 Travel Accident Insurance. T&C’s apply.
- 24/7 Customer Service. Get help any time of the day, from Monday to Sunday.
- Special offers and experiences. Access events and special offers curated for Cardmembers with American Express Experiences.
- Custom entertainment packages. Get first dibs on packages created exclusively for American Express card holders, including deals on weekend getaways, advance screenings of blockbuster movies and online and in-store shopping promotions.
- World class service. Dial into customer service 24/7 by calling the number on the back of your card. Use this service to report fraudulent charges, cancel or replace lost or stolen cards or find answers to any number of questions that might come up along the way.
- Free Additional Cards. Up to 9 additional cards at no extra cost. Purchases made on these cards will add to your annual cash back balance.
What to watch out for
- Not as widely accepted overseas. The SimplyCash Credit Card is an American Express card, which means you might not be able to use it overseas as easily as you would a Visa or Mastercard.
- Penalty APR. Making late or returned payments could saddle you with an APR as high as 24.99% - 26.99% Variable on all balances.
SimplyCash Card from American Express interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||20.99%|
|Cash advance rate||21.99%|
What do other customers say?Most customers are happy with the perks and benefits offered by the SimplyCash Card from American Expresss. The fact that the card is fee-free and no-nonsense, with a flat cash-back rate and a ton of exclusive add-ons makes signing up for this card attractive for Canadians from all walks of life. Many cardholders also praise the top-notch customer service provided by American Express.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply for the SimplyCash Card from American Express
- Click on the Go to Site button above or on this secure link to be directed to the American Express website.
- Select the SimplyCash Card from American Express and click Apply now to begin your application.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other American Express credit cards
How long will it take to be approved for the Amex SimplyCash?
Depending on whether or not your application requires manual review, you will receive a response in 60 minutes to 10 days.
Follow up steps
- Avoid interest payments. Make payments within the days grace period for new purchases on your next statement to avoid hefty interest payments.
- Make on-time payments. Make sure to stay on top of bills and pay your card down every month. Register your account on the American Express website or download the Amex mobile app to pay your balance or at least the minimum payment where possible.
The SimplyCash Card from American Express offers a no-nonsense, top of the line cashback card. If you’re looking to get more bang for your buck without the hefty annual fee, then this card might be right up your alley.
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked