WestJet RBC Mastercard review
Earn and redeem travel rewards with no blackouts or seat restrictions with the WestJet RBC Mastercard
You get 1% back on everyday purchases and 1.5% back when you book WestJet flights.
Purchase Interest Rate
Frequent flyers on board WestJet can now be rewarded for their loyalty. The WestJet RBC Mastercard offers lots of ways to earn WestJet dollars and redeem them for vacation packages and other perks. Comprehensive insurance coverage, an annual companion voucher and reasonable fees make this card an attractive option for existing WestJet customers or those who travel along many routes.
Find out if the WestJet RBC Mastercard is right for you.
- Consider getting this card if you’re a frequent flyer with WestJet and want to be rewarded for your loyalty with points and other perks.
- Choose something else if you don’t travel WestJet often.
- The more you fly with WestJet using this card, the more points you’ll earn towards free flights and vacations.
As soon as you receive your WestJet RBC Mastercard, you’ll be able to earn WestJet dollars just by shopping for groceries or gas. The card lets you earn 1% back in WestJet dollars for every qualified purchase you make; the offer goes up to 1.5% when booking WestJet flights with your card.
For a limited time, RBC is offering 50 welcome WestJet dollars with your first purchase. As your points accumulate, you’ll be able to book flights and vacation packages to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe.
- Earn plenty of points. The WestJet RBC Mastercard gives you plenty of opportunities to rack up points. You get 1% back on everyday purchases and 1.5% back when you book WestJet flights.
- Bonus dollars. As soon as you receive your Mastercard and make your first eligible purchase, you’ll receive 50 welcome WestJet dollars.
- Lots of redemption opportunities. You can redeem your WestJet dollars for vacation packages and other travel benefits.
- Companion voucher. For every year you have the card, you receive a round-trip companion voucher that lets you bring an additional traveler with you on any flight within Canada. However, there is a small additional fee, which depends on where you’re flying.
- Comprehensive travel insurance. The card covers you against travel accidents and offers protection for your hotel, car rental and other eligible purchases.
What to watch for
- High interest rates. Carrying a balance on your WestJet RBC Mastercard will cost you. Be prepared to pay 19.99% interest on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances.
- Annual fees. This card comes with an annual fee of $39 for primary cardholders and $19 for every additional card on your account. While definitely cheaper than the alternatives, the WestJet RBC Mastercard isn’t free to carry around in your wallet.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Visit the WestJet RBC Mastercard web page.
- Click “apply now.”
- Fill out the standard credit card application, which should take five minutes.
The bottom line
RBC’s WestJet Mastercard offers a frequent flyer program that rewards you with WestJet dollars every time you make a purchase or book a flight. When you have enough WestJet dollars to book a vacation, you can do so without any annoying blackouts or seat restrictions. Just keep in mind that this card is designed for frequent WestJet flyers, so if that’s not you, consider other frequent flyer programs from RBC.