The Walmart Rewards Mastercard offers a 1.25% return on all in-store and online Walmart purchases, with a 1% return on everything else. As an added bonus, there's no annual fee and you can start saving from the moment you sign up with a $15 welcome bonus (on top of another $10 for choosing paperless statements).
Walmart Rewards Mastercard review
- Welcome Offer
- Up to $25 in Reward Dollars
- Up to 1.25% cash back
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
The Walmart Rewards Mastercard is a no-fee, no-frills customer loyalty credit card. It offers a 1.25% return on purchases made in-store or online at Walmart, and 1% everywhere else. Get up to $25 in bonus Walmart Reward Dollars. as a welcome bonus and a couple of added benefits like access to exclusive events and Zero Liability Protection right off the bat, but you'll need to pay more for features like balance protection and extended warranty coverage.
- Get the Walmart Rewards Mastercard card if you're a regular Walmart shopper and want to earn extra points towards in-store and online purchases.
- Choose something else if you're looking for a cashback program or you want a higher return on gas, groceries and other everyday purchases.
- You must have a minimum annual household income of $100,000 to qualify for this card.
Walmart Rewards Mastercard: The basics
If you’re a repeat customer at Walmart, and you want to earn reward points to put towards future purchases, then the Walmart Rewards Mastercard might be the right fit for you. It comes with no annual fee, and you’ll earn 1.25% on all Walmart purchases (including groceries), with a 1% return on everything else.
How do I earn Walmart Rewards with this Walmart Mastercard?
Each time you use your Walmart Mastercard at Walmart stores, the credit card reader will indicate how many Walmart Rewards Dollars you have earned and can redeem. When shopping online at Walmart.ca, just select your Walmart Rewards Mastercard as your payment method to earn rewards with all your Walmart purchases.
The Walmart Rewards Mastercard is particularly useful if you’re planning to make a large purchase at Walmart, and you want to get the most out of your money. If you spend $1,000 on a new couch or lawnmower, for example, you’ll earn $12.50 in Walmart dollars. Same goes for that $3,000 flat screen, which will net you almost $40 in points.
How do I redeem Walmart Rewards?
You can redeem your Walmart Reward Dollars at the register or online with as little as $5 in Walmart Reward Dollars, or you can save up enough to treat yourself to something special. Just select your Walmart Rewards as your payment method.
- Zero fees. Maximize your savings with no annual fee on this Walmart Mastercard.
- Introductory offer. Get up to $25 in bonus Walmart Reward Dollars.
- Priceless city promotion. Take advantage of a number of hot-ticket discounts along with special access offers for a wealth of experiences unique to Mastercard holders.
- Complimentary concierge service. Call the 24/7 concierge for help booking dinner reservations, tickets for in-demand shows or any other events or entertainment on your itinerary.
- Unlimited free cards. Avoid paying a fee for additional cards.
- Online account. Manage your balance and payments in one easy-to-use online portal.
- Secure service. Feel safe with Mastercard’s anti-fraud Zero Liability Protection.
What to watch out for
- Walmart Rewards are exclusive. You have to use your points at Walmart, and you can’t exchange them for cashback.
- Low return. Many other cashback and points cards offer a higher return.
- Regional exclusions. This card isn’t offered to residents of Quebec.
- Extras cost more. You will need to pay $0.95 per $100 to get balance protection, as well as $3.99 per month for purchase/extended warranty protection.
- Interest rate. The Walmart Rewards card comes with a purchase interest rate of 19.89% and a cash advance rate of 22.97%.
Walmart Rewards Mastercard interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||19.89%|
|Cash advance rate||22.97%|
What should I know before I apply for the Walmart MC
How to apply for the Walmart Mastercard
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Walmart Rewards Mastercard application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.