TD Rewards Visa Card Review
Get TD points on purchases along with a welcome bonus with no annual fee.
The TD Rewards Visa Card offers 2 points for every $1 spent on gas and grocery purchases, and 1 point for every $1 spent on everything else.
Purchase Interest Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||TD Rewards Visa Card|
|Reward||Earn 3 TD Rewards Points per $1 spent on travel booking via ExpediaForTD.com, 2 points when you book via phone, 2 points on grocery dining and bill payments and 1 point on all other spend.|
|Welcome Offer||Earn up to 10,000 TD Rewards Points. This includes up to 5,000 TD Reward Points when you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months, another 2,500 TD Rewards Points when you add an authorized user, and 2,500 TD Reward Points when you sign up for paperless statements by March 2, 2020. Apply online by March 2, 2020.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$500|
|Go to site|
- Consider this card if you want a return on gas and groceries and don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d rather earn cash back or want comprehensive insurance (including travel).
- There’s no minimum annual income required to qualify for this card.
Because it’s a fee-free card, the TD Rewards Visa Card is fairly basic in terms of benefits and rewards. However, the card does have some useful features including the following:
- No annual fee. You won’t have to pay a fee up front to take advantage of the TD Rewards Visa Card.
- Welcome bonus. You may be able to qualify for a welcome bonus of up to 10,000 TD Rewards Points when you sign up.
- Decent return. Most purchases will net you a return of 1-2 points per dollar, with even more points back when you book travel online with ExpediaForTD.com.
- Product coverage. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage on products purchased with your card.
- Airport lounge discounts. Lock in discounts on Priority Pass membership for access to 1,200 VIP airport lounges worldwide.
- Car rental insurance and discounts. Get money off your next car rental with Budget or AVIS.
- Tap to pay. You can pay in seconds with Apple Pay or Visa payWave (for Android).
- Fraud protection. You’re protected by Zero Liability Protection in case of fraudulent charges on your account.
- 24/7 support. Talk to customer service at any time of day to troubleshoot your account.
- No fee for additional cards. Get as many cards as you want without having to pay an extra fee.
What to watch out for
- High interest. You’ll pay over 20% interest on outstanding balances and even more for cash advances.
- Basic insurance. You won’t get travel insurance, roadside assistance or other benefits that come with Visa Infinite cards.
- Low-value rewards. You’ll only get a return of around $110 in discounts and rewards for every $12,000 you spend.
What should I know before you apply?
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to your TD Rewards Visa Card application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The TD Rewards Visa Card offers a return on rewards at no extra fee. The card comes with fraud protection and basic insurance to cover your purchases. However, you should consider another card if you’re looking for comprehensive benefits (like travel insurance) or you want to pay low interest on your outstanding balance.
Frequently asked questions about the TD Rewards Visa Card
Picture : td.com/ca