- Consider this card if you want a return on gas and groceries and don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d rather earn cash back or want comprehensive insurance (including travel).
- There’s no minimum annual income required to qualify for this card.
Because it’s a fee-free card, the TD Rewards Visa Card is fairly basic in terms of benefits and rewards. However, the card does have some useful features including the following:
- No annual fee. You won’t have to pay a fee up front to take advantage of the TD Rewards Visa Card.
- Welcome bonus. Get a 9.99% promotional interest rate on purchases for the first 6 months with no annual fee. Plus, earn a $50 value in TD Rewards Points+ to use at Amazon.ca with Shop with Points. Conditions Apply. Apply by October 29, 2022.
- Earn TD Rewards Points. Earn 3 TD Rewards Points per $1 spent on online travel bookings via ExpediaForTD.com, 2 TD Rewards Points for every $1 spent on eligible grocery, restaurant and fast food purchases and regularly recurring bill payments, and 1 TD Rewards Point for every $1 you spend on all other eligible purchases.
- Product coverage. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage on products purchased with your card.
- Airport lounge discounts. Lock in discounts on Priority Pass membership for access to 1,200 VIP airport lounges worldwide.
- Car rental insurance and discounts. Get money off your next car rental with Budget or AVIS.
- Tap to pay. You can pay in seconds with Apple Pay or Visa payWave (for Android).
- Fraud protection. You’re protected by Zero Liability Protection in case of fraudulent charges on your account.
- 24/7 support. Talk to customer service at any time of day to troubleshoot your account.
- No fee for additional cards. Get as many cards as you want without having to pay an extra fee.
What to watch out for
- High interest. You’ll pay 19.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- Basic insurance. You won’t get travel insurance, roadside assistance or other benefits that come with Visa Infinite cards.
- Low-value rewards. Since it’s a no annual fee card, your rewards earn will be lower per $1 spent than that of a card with a fee.
What should I know before you apply?
The TD Rewards Visa Card offers a return on rewards at no extra fee. The card comes with fraud protection and basic insurance to cover your purchases. However, you should consider another card if you’re looking for comprehensive benefits (like travel insurance) or you want to pay low interest on your outstanding balance.
Frequently asked questions about the TD Rewards Visa Card
Picture : td.com/ca
More guides on Finder
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points for business purchases and enjoy a suite of travel benefits with this premium travel card.
Compare TD Aeroplan Visa cards
Compare TD’s suite of Aeroplan Visa cards to get the best card for your unique set of needs and lifestyle.
TD Platinum Travel Visa Card Review
Get reward points, travel insurance, airport lounge access and more with the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card Review
Get cash back, travel insurance and more with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa Infinite Card.
TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card Review
Apply today to save money with a low variable annual interest rate based on your credit score.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card review
Earn more Aeroplan points on every dollar with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card.
TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points and other travel benefits with the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Card Review
Looking for a no-fee card? Save money and get cash back on everyday purchases with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa* Card.
TD US Dollar Visa Card Review
Avoid foreign currency conversion fees when you shop in the US with the TD Bank U.S. Dollar Visa Card.