TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card Review
Get cash back on your everyday purchases as well as a welcome bonus and travel insurance.Earn 3% cash back when you make eligible purchases of up to $15,000.00 per year on each of groceries, gas and recurring bill payments on your credit card. Earn 1% for eligible purchases above $15,000.00 and for all other spending.
Purchase Interest Rate
$0 annual fee for the first year ($120 thereafter)
- Consider this card if you want a high return on gas and groceries, and don’t mind paying an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d rather accumulate points or want a low-interest card.
- Your minimum annual income needs to be $60,000, or you should have a household income of $100,000.
If you use your credit card often and want to put money back down on your balance, consider the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card.
- Cashback. Earn 3% cash back when you make eligible purchases of up to $15,000.00 per year on each of groceries, gas and recurring bill payments on your credit card. Earn 1% for eligible purchases above $15,000.00 and for all other spending.
- Welcome bonus. Earn 6% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to a total spend of $2,000). Plus, get the first year annual fee waived for the Primary and additional cardholders. Conditions apply. Apply by August 16, 2021.
- Roadside assistance. Access emergency road services with a Deluxe TD Bank Auto Club Membership.
- Product coverage. Get an extended warranty and insurance coverage on products purchased with your card.
- Travel insurance. Enjoy peace of mind when you're travelling with up to $2,000,000 Travel Medical Insurance per insured person per covered trip for 10 consecutive days. (If you or your spouse is 65+ years old, then you're covered for 4 consecutive days.) Enjoy access to toll-free Emergency Travel Assistance Services while travelling. Plus, get up to $1,000 per covered person per trip for delayed and lost baggage.
- Car rental insurance and discounts. Get a minimum discount of 10% on qualifying vehicle rentals at participating Avis and Budget locations in Canada and the US and 5% on qualifying rentals internationally. Plus, enjoy free Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance on rental vehicles when you pay with your credit card. (Vehicles must have have an MSRP at, or below, $65,000.00 before taxes, and the rental period cannot exceed 48 consecutive days).
- Contactless payments. Tap to pay if you have Apple Pay or Visa payWave (for Android).
- Zero-liability coverage. Your balance is protected in case of fraudulent activity on your account.
- Promotional offers. Access exclusive dining and entertainment offers for Visa Infinite cardholders.
- Customer support. You can get in touch with customer service any day of the week to report issues with your account.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The fee for this card is $120 per year.
- High interest. You’ll pay 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- Limited flexibility. Cash back can only be used to pay off your outstanding credit card balance.
- Fee for additional cards. It will cost you $50 to add additional cards to your account up to a maximum of 3 authorized user cards.
- Minimum credit limit. Your limit has to be at, or over, $5,000, which isn’t ideal for people who don’t want to spend much on their card.
- Income requirements. There’s a minimum personal income requirement of $60,000 or household income of $100,000 to qualify.
What should I know before I apply?
The TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card is suited to customers who want a decent return on cash back to put down on their credit card balance. The card comes with a generous welcome offer and a nice package of perks and benefits, including roadside assistance, car rental insurance, travel insurance and fraud protection. You should avoid this card if you don’t want to pay a high annual fee or if you’re looking for a low-interest card.
Frequently asked questions about the TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card
Picture : td.com/ca