TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card Review
Dreaming of your next vacation? Earn Aeroplan Miles on everyday purchases and get there faster and cheaper.Earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1 spent on eligible grocery, gas and drugstore purchases, and earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1.50 spent on all other eligible purchases.
Purchase Interest Rate
- Think about this card if you collect Aeroplan miles and want travel benefits.
- Choose something else if you’d rather get cash back or don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- There are no minimum annual income requirements listed for this card.
If you’re a frequent flyer and want to maximize your Aeroplan points, then the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card could be just the ticket. Earn twice the points by showing your Aeroplan membership when you pay with your card at participating retailers and the Aeroplan eStore.
- Travel rewards. Earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1 spent on eligible grocery, gas and drugstore purchases, and earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1.50 spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Welcome bonus. Earn 10,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you make your first purchase with your card. Plus, pay no annual fee the first year for the primary and 1st additional cardholder. Conditions Apply. Apply online by September 8, 2020.
- Purchase protection. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage on the products you buy with your card.
- Travel benefits. Take advantage of delayed/lost baggage and trip cancellation or interruption insurance.
- Tap to pay. Tap and go with Apple Pay and Visa payWave (for Android).
- Fraud protection. Get instant alerts for suspicious activity on your account and avoid paying for fraudulent charges with zero liability.
- Car rental discounts. Get discounts with Avis and Budget Rent-A-Car (along with car rental insurance for up to 48 days).
- Common carrier insurance. Get up to $500,000 Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance for trips on buses, ferries and trains.
- Optional insurance. You can pay more to get additional coverage for balance protection, travel medical and roadside assistance.
- Easy to qualify. There are no annual income requirements (but you’ll need to be a resident of Canada to apply).
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. The fee for this card is $89 per year.
- Limited flexibility. This card only offers Aeroplan miles, so you could be limited in what you can exchange rewards for.
- High interest. Interest on outstanding balances and cash advances sits at 19.99%–22.99% respectively (which is much higher than a low-interest card).
- Fee for additional cards. You’ll have to pay $35 for every extra card you add to your account.
What should I know before you apply?
The TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card is for frequent flyers and Aeroplan members. It allows you to collect double the Aeroplan miles on eligible purchases and comes with a welcome offer, basic travel insurance and other perks like car rental coverage, common carrier insurance and purchase protection.
Frequently asked questions about the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card
Picture : td.com/ca