Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card
Purchase Interest Rate
The Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card offers 4% cash back on restaurants, bars and coffee shops, 1.5% on groceries, gas and prescriptions, and 0.5% on just about everything else. In your first four months, you can also cash in on a 10% return whenever you go out to eat or drink (which will earn you up to $50 in additional savings).
This card is fee-free but you’ll need to be a Simplii Financial client to take advantage of its benefits, which include purchase protection and extended warranty coverage. You can also pay a little bit extra to add on payment protector and emergency travel medical insurance.Plus, get a 9.99% introductory annual interest on purchases for the first 6 months.
- Get this card if you dine out regularly and don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a targeted rewards program or you don’t want to become a Simplii Financial client.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $15,000 to qualify for this card.
If you can’t resist your morning cappuccino or you meet up regularly with friends for cocktails and dinner after work, you might like to check out the Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card.Get up to 4% cash back on restaurant, bar and coffee shop purchases, and 1.5% on gas, groceries and drug stores, and 0.5% back on just about everything else, and 0.5% back on just about everything else. Earn 10% cash back on dining experiences when you spend up to $500 in your first 4 months.
The Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card has a 19.99% purchase interest rate, with cash advances, balance transfers and convenience cheques at 22.99%.
If you don’t dine out often, or if you’re looking for a higher return on daily purchases like groceries and gas, you may prefer to check out alternative credit cards.
- Fee-free. Pocket more of your savings with no annual fee and free additional cards.
- Welcome bonus. Earn 10% cash back on dining experiences when you spend up to $500 in your first 4 months.
- Earn everywhere. Get cash back on all purchases made with your Visa card.
- High return. Get up to 4% cash back on restaurant, bar and coffee shop purchases, and 1.5% on gas, groceries and drug stores, and 0.5% back on just about everything else.
- Insurance coverage. Take advantage of purchase protection and extended warranty coverage with the option to add on coverage in case of emergencies.
- Tap and pay. Add your credit card to your mobile wallet and pay with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
What to watch out for
- It’s client-specific. You have to be a client with Simplii Financial in order to qualify for this card.
- Caps on cash back. The maximum you can earn on dining out is $5,000 per year and the max you can earn on daily purchases is $15,000.
- Regional exclusions. Residents of Quebec aren’t eligible to apply.
- Infrequent returns. Simplii Financial will only release cash back payments once per year.
What do other customers say?
Customers tend to appreciate this card if they dine out regularly and are already clients with Simplii Financial. Many are pleased with the return they receive at the end of the year, which they feel is high for a fee-free card. Other customers are unhappy about the fine print related to the welcome bonus, which caps savings at $50 extra (on purchases up to $500 in the first four months).
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Once you are a Simplii Financial client, head to their website to begin your Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card application.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number, income information and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other credit cards
The Simplii Financial Cash Back Visa Card is a good option for people who dine out regularly.Earn 10% cash back on dining experiences when you spend up to $500 in your first 4 months. The returns on all other purchases are between 0.5% and 1.5%. You won’t have to pay an annual fee to buy in, but you will need to be a Simplii Financial client. You might like to choose another card if you’re looking for a ton of added benefits or higher returns on daily purchases.