Discover big rewards and cashback when you pay for your purchases with the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card.
Earn solid reward points on every $1 spent with the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card. Take advantage of an additional 5% cashback on the cost of your trip when you book your travel through Scotia Rewards Travel Service.
- Get this card if you want the chance to earn both travel rewards and cashback.
- Choose something else if you’re not a frequent traveler or would rather not pay an annual fee.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $12,000 to qualify for this card.
|Product Name||ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card|
|Reward||Get 5% cash back on travel purchases via Scotia Rewards Travel Service and earn 1 Scotia Rewards point for every $1 spent on daily purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Receive 5,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points upon first eligible purchase within the first 2 months. Ends 31 October 2019.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$5,000|
|Go to site|
If you find yourself jetting off to exotic destinations around the globe on a regular basis, the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card might be the right credit card for you.
Earn 1 reward point on every $1 spent on your card, and earn up to 5% cashback on the cost of your trip when you book your travel through Scotia Rewards Flexible Travel Service. Redeem your points for travel with no restrictions on destination or dates.
And if that’s not enough, find out how you can qualify for 5,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points on your first purchase when you apply today.
Beyond travel rewards
If you don’t plan to travel in the near future but you want to redeem your rewards, then you can choose from a wide selection of merchandise and gifts offered by Scotia Rewards. You can also convert your points to SCENE movie points (or vice-versa) anytime you want. Remember that you must have a SCENE account to convert Scotia Rewards points to SCENE points and rate conversions do apply.
- Best Price Guarantee on airfare. Earn points credit when you find an airfare that is at least $10 less than the airfare you’ve booked. Flights must have the exact same itinerary and be sent within 24 hours of your initial purchase.
- Purchase insurance. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage to cover theft, loss or damage on most items purchased with your card (for 90 days from purchase date).
- Travel insurance. Make use of a wide suite of travel insurance to cover car rental theft or collision. You can also use this insurance to cover flight cancellations/interruptions, baggage delays or lost luggage, hotel burglaries and other incidentals. This comes on top of $1,000,000 in Travel Emergency Medical Insurance.
- Save on car rentals. Save up to 25% off at participating AVIS and Budget car rental locations in Canada and the U.S. when you pay with your ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card.
- Optional coverage. Pay only $1.09 per $100 of the daily balance on your credit card account to receive a monthly benefit of 20% of your credit card balance. This balance is paid out for a range of life events including disability, job loss, strike, critical illness or loss of life.
- World class service. Contact customer service 24/7 to report issues with your account and troubleshoot problems by speaking directly to an agent.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. You have to pay an annual fee of $110 for the card with an additional fee of $30 for each supplementary card.
- High minimum credit limit. The minimum credit limit is $5,000 which is higher than many other credit cards.
What do other customers say?
Many customers are pleased with the travel and cashback rewards on offer from the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card. Flexible rewards are a big plus for some cardholders – who enjoy the ability to use their Scotia Rewards points interchangeably with their SCENE points. Those who travel frequently are happy to take full advantage of the cashback feature when booking trips through the Scotia Rewards Travel Service. However, some customers prefer to opt for a fee-free card instead of paying the $110 annual fee for the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card offers top-notch travel rewards and cashback for eligible purchases. The card offers a full suite of travel and purchase insurance along with a host of other benefits. If you’re looking for a comprehensive travel card and don’t mind paying the $110 annual fee, then this card might be right up your alley. And don’t forget to ask about the opportunity to earn 5,000 bonus points on your first purchase when you sign up today.
Frequently asked questions about the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card