- Get this card if you want a low 12.99% interest rate on eligible purchases or want to consolidate debt with a 0.99% balance transfer rate.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a cashback or rewards program.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $12,000 to qualify for this card.
If you’re struggling to make your monthly minimum payments or want to finance a medium-to-large purchase with your credit card, then the Scotiabank Value Visa Card might be just the ticket. You can save up to hundreds of dollars per year with the low 12.99% interest rate on your credit card balance, not to mention an introductory balance transfer offer.
- Welcome offer. Get a 0.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers with a 0% transfer fee for the first 6 months. Apply by July 1, 2020.
- On-going low rates. Get an on-going low interest rate of 12.99% on eligible purchases.
- Quick pay. Simply wave your Scotiabank Value Visa Card or your smartphone at checkout for quick and easy payments with Visa payWave. You can also securely make payments on your purchases through Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Save on car rentals. Get up to a 25% discount at participating Budget and AVIS car rental locations in Canada and the US.
- Free additional cards. Add an additional Supplementary Cardholder to your Scotiabank Value Visa Card at no extra charge.
- World class service. Tap into world-renowned customer service 24/7 if you have issues with your card by either visiting your Scotiabank branch or calling the number on the back of your Visa.
- Annual fee. Pay $29 per year to maintain your Scotiabank Value Visa Card.
- No rewards or cash back. The low interest rate replaces a rewards or cash back return as the main incentive.
- No purchase insurance or warranty coverage. There is no extended protection for products purchased with this card.
- No travel insurance. The card does not offer complimentary travel or health insurance coverage.
What do other customers say?
The Scotiabank Value Visa Card seems to appeal to Canadian residents who are more interested in a low-interest rate than a cash back or rewards program. This card also offers good value for customers who take advantage of the low balance transfer rate. One downfall of the Scotiabank Value Visa Card is that there is an annual fee of $29.
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotiabank Value Visa Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotiabank Value Visa Card is a no-frills low-interest rate card with a low $29 annual fee. This card boasts a low balance transfer offer, as well as an on-going low purchase interest rate.
If you would prefer to have a no-fee credit card, you might like to check out the No-Fee Scotiabank Value Visa Card to qualify for similar benefits.