- Get this card if you want a low interest rate on daily purchases but don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a cashback or rewards program.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $12,000 to qualify for this card.
If you’re having trouble paying your monthly minimum payments or you’re looking to finance a medium-to-large purchase on your credit card, then the No-Fee Scotiabank Value Visa Card might be the right fit for you. Save up to hundreds of dollars per year with a lower-than-average interest rate.
If you’re looking to consolidate debt onto one card, you can also take advantage of an optional balance transfer offer.
- Low interest rates. This card has a purchase interest rate of 16.99% and a cash advance interest rate of 16.99%.
- No annual fee. Provides a zero-charge service in exchange for a low interest rate on all purchases and cash advances. You can also request an additional card at no extra charge.
- Balance transfer offer. Get a 3.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers with a 0% balance transfer fee for the first 6 months. Apply by July 1, 2020.
- Quick pay. Pay for purchases in a flash when you use Visa payWave. Keep an eye out for the payWave logo to make payments using this service where available. You can also securely make payments on your purchases through Apple Pay.
- Save on car rentals. Get up to a 25% discount at participating Budget and AVIS car rental locations in Canada and the US.
- World class service. Reach out to customer service 24/7 by calling the number on the back of your card. You can use this service to report cards missing or stolen, request additional cards, file complaints or resolve issues by speaking directly to an agent.
- No rewards or cash back. The low interest rate replaces a rewards or cash back return as the main incentive.
- No purchase insurance or warranty coverage. Purchases made with this card are not covered for loss, damage or additional warranty protection.
- No travel insurance. The card does not offer complimentary travel or health insurance coverage.
What do other customers say?
The No-Fee Scotiabank Value Visa Card is a good alternative for customers who don’t want to pay an annual fee in return for a low interest rate. Some customers feel that the even lower 12.99% interest rate offered on the Scotiabank Value Visa Card (which comes with a $29 annual fee) is a better deal. This card is not a good fit for those customers looking to earn cash back or reward points on eligible purchases.
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your No-Fee Scotiabank Value Visa Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The No-Fee Scotiabank Value Visa Cardis a no-frills low-interest rate card with no annual fee. This card boasts a lower than average interest rate and an introductory balance transfer offer. If you would prefer to have an even lower interest rate on your credit card, you might like to check out the Scotiabank Value Visa Card to qualify for better benefits.