- Get this card if you want to use your GM points to reduce the cost of purchasing a new vehicle.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a more flexible rewards/cashback program.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $12,000 to qualify for this card
If you’re in the market for a new car but aren’t interested in paying top dollar for the privilege, then you might like to think about applying for the Scotiabank GM Visa Card.
Earn up to 5% (around $250) in GM points on the first $5,000 of purchases, and 2% thereafter. This card comes with the added benefit of zero earning caps, no redemption limits and no expiration dates so long as you remain a cardholder.
- No annual fee. Enjoy all the benefits of a GM points card without the annual fee. You can also request additional cards at no extra charge.
- Purchase insurance. Most products purchased with your card are insured against theft, loss, or damage . Many also come with an extended warranty.
- Save on car rentals. Book a rental car with AVIS or Budget and get a 25% discount when you pay with your card.
- Optional coverage. Pay $1.09 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card and receive monthly payments to help cover your your credit card bills. This covers you in case of events like disability, job loss, critical illness or loss of life.
- World class service. Reach out to customer service 24/7 by calling the number on the back of your card. Use this service to report cards missing or stolen, request additional cards, file complaints or resolve issues by speaking directly to an agent.
- Limited designs. This deal only applies to Chevrolet, BUICK, GMC or Cadillac cars.
- Less rewards. This card offers less rewards than the Scotiabank GM Visa Infinite Card (which gives a 5% return on purchases up to $10,000.
- No travel insurance. This card does not offer a comprehensive travel insurance policy.
What do other customers say?
Customers who are in the market for a new vehicle are pleased with the perks and benefits on offer from the Scotiabank GM Visa Card. For every $1 earned through the card, customers get $1 off their vehicle purchase. This card also comes with zero annual fee, which makes it a good option for those not willing to pay the $79 fee for the Scotiabank GM Visa Infinite Card. This card is not a good fit for those who want to purchase a make or model of vehicle that isn’t supported by the card.
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotiabank GM Visa Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotiabank GM Visa Card offers big discounts on your next vehicle purchase with no annual fee. Dollar-for-dollar rebates add up quickly, with customers earning up to 5% back on their first $5,000 in purchases.