Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Cash Money Personal Loan
Get funds fast, and enjoy flexible repayment terms with no early repayment fees.
Compare personal loans from Cash Money
- Same-day funding – get funds in as little as 15 minutes with Interac e-Transfer.
- Flexible terms – repayment terms from 6 months to 5 years.
- Installment loans have no penalties if you pay back your loan early.
- Loan amount is only up to $10,000.
- High interest rate at 46.93%.
How does an installment loan work?
Installment loans are short-term personal loans. They are fixed loan amounts paid back periodically over a set period of time. You apply for a specific amount of money to borrow and agree to make repayments over a set timeframe, which can be months or years. Once you are approved for the loan, you gain access to the entirety of the specific amount. You must meet minimum repayment requirements, but can make extra repayments to pay the loan off faster. Installment loans generally have higher loan amounts than payday loans.
How does a line of credit work?
Lines of credit offer you the flexibility to borrow as much or as little as you need, up to a certain limit. You only need to apply once. Once your limit is agreed upon, you have access to all those funds up to the limit, but you don’t necessarily need to borrow all of it. You can just borrow the amount you need. For example, if your line of credit limit is $5,000, but all you need is $2,000, then you can just borrow $2,000, and interest will only apply to the $2,000. That untouched portion of your line of credit will not be charged interest. Your outstanding principal balance, however, will accumulate daily interest.
Main points to consider with Cash Money loansCash Money offers personal loans, in the form of installment loans and line of credit loans, of $500 to $10,000. These loans can be repaid over periods of 6 to 60 months. Cash Money personal loans attract an annual interest rate of 46.93%.
Features of an unsecured personal loan from Cash Money
- Interest rate of 46.93%. This interest rate is applied to all loans, regardless of the amount you borrow, the length of the loan or your financial capabilities.
- Flexible loan size. Cash Money offers personal loans between $500 and $10,000. The amount you’re approved for will depend on your ability to make repayments. Online applications have a $500 minimum.
- Fast access to funds. Once you are approved you may be able to access your funds in as little as 15 minutes with INTERAC e-Transfer® or on the spot at your nearest Cash Money store.
- Loan terms. You can apply for a loan term of 6 to 60 months. Longer terms offer small repayment amounts, but accrue a higher total interest.
- Repayment installment options. You will be able to make repayments either bi-weekly or monthly. This allows you to set a repayment schedule that suits your cash flow.
- Credit score. Cash Money will receive your credit score during the customer verification process. If your credit history is not in good standing, you are less likely to be approved for a loan.
- Online and in-branch application. You can apply for a Cash Money personal loan both in-store and online. Online applications may be processed faster, but have a higher minimum of $500.
- Serviced provinces for an installment loan or line of credit are British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Nova Scotia for online or in-store applications, and Manitoba and New Brunswick for in-store applications only.
How much does the loan cost?
The total cost of Cash Money loans will depend on how much you wish to borrow, the term of your loan and, if you’ve opted for a line of credit loan, how much you draw down from your loan limit.
Loan fees vary across provinces and territories. Extra fees and valuations will add to the cost of your loan. Common fees for personal loans include:
- Establishment fees
- Missed payment fees
- Default penalties
Will getting a Cash Money personal loan affect my credit score?
Yes. Cash Money will run a hard check on your credit to determine if you’re eligible for a loan. Unlike a soft check, a hard check will temporarily dip your credit score. This shouldn’t cause a lasting impact on your score unless you apply for too many credit products at once.
Lenders like Cash Money report borrowers’ financial activity to Canada’s credit bureaus on a regular basis. Being responsible with a loan can increase your credit score. This means making repayments on time and in full. But if you miss payments, make late payments or default on a loan, your credit score will go down.
Can I get a Cash Money loan if I have bad credit?
It depends. The minimum credit score required to apply for a Cash Money loan is 560. However, your credit score is only one factor, and Cash Money can look at other factors such as the amount of debt you’re already carrying, your income and whether you’ve defaulted on any loans in the past. The lower your credit score, the harder it’ll be to qualify for a loan. However, some lenders offer loans geared towards applicants who have bad credit.
How to apply for Cash Money personal loans
You can apply for a Cash Money personal loan by clicking the green “Go to site” links in the comparison table above. To be eligible you must, at a minimum:
- Be a resident of BC, AB, SK, ON, NS (for online or in store application)
- Be a resident of MB or NB (in store applications only)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have an open chequing account in your name
- Have a working telephone number
When applying for a car loan you’ll need to provide:
- Identification. You will need to provide either a Canadian driver’s licence, passport or birth certificate.
- Verification of income. You’ll need to demonstrate your ability to make repayments by providing proof of employment and bank statements illustrating reliable income.
More guides on Finder
Cash Money Installment Loan review
If you’re in a financial emergency and need to get your hands on cash quickly, Cash Money provides installment loans of up to $10,000.
Cash Money Line of Credit review
Need access to cash? Cash Money lines of credit offer flexibility to borrow as much or as little as you need, up to a maximum of $10,000.