National Bank World Mastercard
Earn comprehensive benefits and a decent return on points with this premium travel card.
Earn up to 2 points for every dollar you spend when you spend over $20,000 per year (and 1.25 points for every dollar before that) with the National Bank World Mastercard. You’ll also qualify for comprehensive travel benefits and a generous welcome bonus when you sign up.
- Think about this card if you want a decent return on travel points and comprehensive travel insurance.
- Choose something else if you’d rather collect frequent flyer miles or you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Your minimum annual income needs to be $60,000, or you should have a household income of $100,000 to qualify.
Whether you’re planning a short business trip or an all-inclusive tropical vacation, the National Bank World Mastercard could help you get to your next destination faster.
- High return. Earn up to 2 points for every dollar you spend when you spend over $20,000 per year (and 1.25 points for every dollar before that).
- Welcome bonus. Get $40 cash back for each month you charge at least $500 in net purchases to your card with a maximum rebate of $480 in your first year.
- Purchase protection. Protect the items you buy on your card with extended warranty and insurance coverage.
- Travel insurance. Cash in on travel medical insurance and get access to trip interruption, trip cancellation, flight delay and baggage insurance.
|Travel medical||Up to $5,000,000 per person|
|Trip cancellation||Up to $2,500|
|Trip interruption||Up to $5,000|
|Flight delay||Up to $500|
|Baggage delay||Up to $500|
|Baggage insurance (theft or damage)||Up to $1,000|
- Car rental insurance. Get car rental insurance whenever you rent a vehicle in Canada or the US using your credit card.
- Zero-liability coverage. Protect yourself against fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability insurance.
- Special travel agency. Save on vacation packages and airline tickets when you redeem your points through National Bank’s À la carte online travel agency.
- Flexible rewards. Get flexible rewards when you redeem your points for travel, merchandise, gift cards, banking products and more.
- Exclusive deals. Get room upgrades and other exclusive offers when you travel and stay abroad.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The fee for this card is $115 per year.
- High interest. You’ll pay 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- Low points value. The points you earn won’t be worth as much as other frequent flyer and travel rewards programs.
- Fee for additional cards. There’s an added fee of $35 for every extra card you take out.
- Difficult to qualify. The minimum income to get approved for this card is $60,000 or $100,000 as a household income.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a National Bank World Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with the age of majority in the province of residence.
- Have a minimum annual income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to the National Bank World Mastercard application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The National Bank World Mastercard is a travel rewards card designed for frequent flyers. It offers a chance to earn up cash back in addition to the points you’ll earn for purchases. You’ll also qualify for comprehensive travel insurance and other perks like car rental insurance and purchase protection when you sign up.