National Bank World Elite Mastercard
Get exclusive travel benefits and a high return on points with this premium credit card.Earn up to 2 points for every dollar when you spend over $40,000 per year (and 1.5 points for every dollar before that)
Purchase Interest Rate
$0 annual fee for the first year ($150 thereafter)
|Product Name||National Bank World Elite Mastercard|
|Welcome Offer||Get 15,000 reward points when you spend at least $3,000 in net purchases within the first three months. Plus, get the annual fee waived for the first year. Apply by December 20, 2021.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||20.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.49%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.49%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
Get 15,000 reward points when you spend at least $3,000 in net purchases within the first three months. Plus, get the annual fee waived for the first year. Apply by December 20, 2021. It also comes with a generous welcome offer, comprehensive travel insurance and a handful of exclusive travel perks.
- Think about this card if you want comprehensive travel insurance and the chance to earn cash back in your first year.
- Choose something else if you’d rather collect frequent flyer miles from a specific program or you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Your minimum annual income needs to be $80,000, or you should have a household income of $150,000 to qualify.
If you’re looking for a premium travel card that will help save you money and give you peace of mind on your next trip, you should check out the National Bank World Elite Mastercard.
- High return. Get 15,000 reward points when you spend at least $3,000 in net purchases within the first three months. Plus, get the annual fee waived for the first year. Apply by December 20, 2021. Any annual spend above $80,001 will then earn 1.5 points per $1 spent.
- Welcome bonus. Get 15,000 reward points when you spend at least $3,000 in net purchases within the first three months. Plus, get the annual fee waived for the first year. Apply by December 20, 2021.
- Extended warranty. Get up to two years in extended warranty coverage on any items you buy with your card.
- Purchase protection. Lock in purchase protection for up to 180 days
to protect against theft or damage on any product you buy with your credit card.
- Travel perks. Qualify for refunds on extras like seat selections and baggage fees, and relax in style with unlimited VIP access to the National Bank lounge in the Montreal airport.
- Travel insurance. Cash in on up to 60 days of travel medical insurance per trip, along with other travel benefits outlined below:
Up to $5,000,000 per person
Up to $2,500
Up to $5,000
Up to $500
Up to $500
Baggage insurance (theft or damage)
Up to $1,000
- Car rental insurance. Get insurance coverage in North America when you hit the road in any rental vehicle that you pay for with your card
- Zero-liability coverage. Cover yourself against any losses related to fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability insurance.
- Special travel agency. Get special discounts on vacation packages and airline tickets when you cash your points in with National Bank‘s À la carte Rewards online travel agency.
- Flexible rewards. Take advantage of flexible rewards when you redeem your points for travel, merchandise, gift cards, banking products and more.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The fee for this card is $150 per year.
- High interest. You’ll be on the hook to pay 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.49% for cash advances.
- Low points value. The value of National Bank‘s travel points is lower than what’s on offer with other frequent flyer and travel rewards programs.
- Fee for additional cards. You’ll have to pay an additional $50 for every extra card you take out.
- Difficult to qualify. The minimum income to get approved for this card is $80,000 or $150,000 as a household income.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a National Bank World Elite Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Have a minimum annual income of $80,000 or a household income of $150,000
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Click the ‘Go to site’ button above to be securely redirected to the online application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other credit cards
The National Bank World Elite Mastercard is a travel rewards card designed for frequent flyers. It offers a chance to earn cash back, in addition to the points you’ll earn for making purchases. You’ll also qualify for comprehensive travel insurance and other perks like car rental insurance and purchase protection when you sign up.