National Bank World Elite Mastercard
Get exclusive travel benefits and a high return on points with this premium credit card.Enjoy benefits and rewards of up to $1,100 the first year (when $4,000 is charged within the first three months following enrolment.) Plus, no annual fee for the first year. Valid until April 30, 2021.
Purchase Interest Rate
$0 annual fee for the first year ($150 thereafter)
Earn up to 2 points for every dollar when you spend over $40,000 per year (and 1.5 points for every dollar before that) with the National Bank World Elite Mastercard, which also comes with a generous welcome offer, comprehensive travel insurance and a handful of exclusive travel perks.
- Think about this card if you want comprehensive travel insurance and the chance to earn cash back in your first year.
- Choose something else if you’d rather collect frequent flyer miles from a specific program or you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Your minimum annual income needs to be $80,000, or you should have a household income of $150,000 to qualify.
If you’re looking for a premium travel card that will help save you money and give you peace of mind on your next trip, you should check out the National Bank World Elite Mastercard.
- High return. Earn up to 2 points for every dollar when you spend over $40,000 per year (and 1.5 points for every dollar before that).
- Welcome bonus. Earn $300 cashback when you spend $4,000 within the first three months.
- Special offer. Enjoy benefits and rewards of up to $1,100 the first year (when $4,000 is charged within the first three months following enrolment.) Plus, no annual fee for the first year. Valid until April 30, 2021.
- Extended warranty. Get up to two years in extended warranty coverage on any items you buy with your card.
- Purchase protection. Lock in purchase protection for up to 180 days
to protect against theft or damage on any product you buy with your credit card.
- Travel perks. Qualify for refunds on extras like seat selections and baggage fees, and relax in style with VIP access to the National Bank lounge in the Montreal airport.
- Travel insurance. Cash in on up to 60 days of travel medical insurance per trip, along with other travel benefits outlined below:
Up to $5,000,000 per person
Up to $2,500
Up to $5,000
Up to $500
Up to $500
Baggage insurance (theft or damage)
Up to $1,000
- Car rental insurance. Get insurance coverage in North America when you hit the road in any rental vehicle that you pay for with your card
- Zero-liability coverage. Cover yourself against any losses related to fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability insurance.
- Special travel agency. Get special discounts on vacation packages and airline tickets when you cash your points in with National Bank‘s À la carte Rewards online travel agency.
- Flexible rewards. Take advantage of flexible rewards when you redeem your points for travel, merchandise, gift cards, banking products and more.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The fee for this card is $150 per year.
- High interest. You’ll be on the hook to pay 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- Low points value. The value of National Bank‘s travel points is lower than what’s on offer with other frequent flyer and travel rewards programs.
- Fee for additional cards. You’ll have to pay an additional $50 for every extra card you take out.
- Difficult to qualify. The minimum income to get approved for this card is $80,000 or $150,000 as a household income.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a National Bank World Elite Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Have a minimum annual income of $80,000 or a household income of $150,000
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Head to the National Bank website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.