National Bank Platinum Mastercard review
Get comprehensive benefits and flexible rewards when you spend money with this mid-level travel card.
Use your points to redeem for travel, merchandise, gift cards, banking products and more.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||National Bank Platinum Mastercard|
|Reward||Earn 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases. Plus an affordable annual fee and no annual income requirements to qualify.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||20.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.49%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.49%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
With the National Bank Platinum Mastercard you can get the following: Earn 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
- Think about this card if you want to earn comprehensive benefits and flexible rewards.
- Choose something else if you’d rather collect specific frequent flyer miles or you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- There are no minimum income requirements to qualify for this card.
Whether you’re a seasoned traveller or you’re booking your first flight overseas, you could save money on your next trip with the National Bank Platinum Mastercard.
- Decent return. Earn one point for every dollar you spend on your card.
- Welcome bonus. Earn 1 point on all card purchases with no restrictions.
- Purchase protection. Double your warranty coverage and protect the purchases you make on your credit card.
- Travel insurance. Protect yourself and your trip with travel medical, trip interruption, trip cancellation, flight delay and baggage insurance.
|Travel medical||Up to $5,000,000 per person (10 days only)|
|Trip cancellation||Up to $1,250|
|Trip interruption||Up to $2,500|
|Flight delay||Up to $500|
|Baggage delay||Up to $500|
|Baggage insurance (theft or damage)||Up to $1,000|
- Car rental insurance. Protect any car you rent with comprehensive insurance for up to 48 days.
- Zero liability coverage. Rest easy with protection against fraudulent charges on your account.
- Special travel agency. Save on travel when you redeem your points through National Bank‘s À La Carte online travel agency.
- Flexible rewards. Use your points to redeem for travel, merchandise, gift cards, banking products and more.
- No minimum income. You won’t have to make a minimum annual income to qualify for this card.
What to watch out for
- Mid-level annual fee. The fee for this card is $89 per year.
- High interest. You’ll pay 20.99% interest on outstanding balances on your card and 22.49% for cash advances.
- Low points value. Your points won’t be worth as much as they are with other frequent flyer and travel rewards programs.
- Limited travel medical. You’ll only be insured with travel medical for trips that are 10 days or less.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a National Bank Platinum Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
Required documents and information.
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Click the ‘Go to site’ button above to be securely redirected to the online application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.