National Bank mycredit Mastercard
Earn a decent return on cash back and get a generous welcome bonus when you sign up for this fee-free card.Earn 1% cash back on every $1 spent in restaurants and on recurring pre-authorized payments, and 0.5% cash back on other eligible purchases.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||National Bank mycredit Mastercard|
|Reward||0.5% cash back on most purchases|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 1% cash back on restaurant purchases and recurring pre-authorized payments, and get 0.5% on all other eligible purchases.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||20.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.49%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.49%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$500|
Earn 1% cash back on every $1 spent in restaurants and on recurring pre-authorized payments, and 0.5% cash back on other eligible purchases.
- Think about this card if you want the chance to earn a decent cash back return but you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d rather collect points or you want comprehensive benefits.
- There are no minimum annual income requirements to qualify.
If you’re looking for a no-frills credit card that lets you earn cash back on every purchase, then you might like to check out the National Bank mycredit Mastercard.
- No annual fee. Save money upfront with no annual fee
- Cash back return. Earn 1% cash back on every $1 spent in restaurants and on recurring pre-authorized payments, and 0.5% cash back on other eligible purchases.
- Extended warranty. Double your manufacturer’s warranty for eligible products you buy with your card.
- Purchase protection. Lock in purchase protection for up to 90 days
to protect items you buy on your card against theft or damage.
- Mobile device insurance. Get up to $1,000 in coverage to pay for your mobile phone if it gets lost, broken or damaged (active for up to 2 years after purchase).
- Zero-liability coverage. Cover yourself against any losses related to fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability insurance.
- Instant pay. Tap to pay on the go with Mastercard contactless payment.
- Enhanced security. Protect your online purchases with identity verification through Mastercard ID check.
- Extra cards for free. Grab up to 3 extra cards for no added fee.
- No income requirements. You won’t need to make a certain amount of money each year to qualify.
What to watch out for
- Low return. You’ll only get 0.5% cash back on most purchases (which is about $5 for every $1,000 you spend).
- High interest. You’ll pay 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.49% for cash advances.
- Statement credits only. Cash back is applied as a credit to your account, so you won’t be able to save it aside for other uses.
- No travel insurance. You won’t get complimentary travel or health insurance coverage with this card.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a National Bank mycredit Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
Required documents and information:
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Click the ‘Go to site’ button above to be securely redirected to the online application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other credit cards
The National Bank mycredit Mastercard is a no-frills cash back card that gives you the following: Earn 1% cash back on every $1 spent in restaurants and on recurring pre-authorized payments, and 0.5% cash back on other eligible purchases.. It also comes with a generous welcome bonus and other perks like purchase protection and mobile device insurance when you sign up.