MBNA True Line Mastercard review
- Welcome Offer
- Balance transfer offer
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
If you're struggling to pay off your outstanding balance or you can't seem to meet your minimum monthly payments on your current credit card, you might like to consider transferring to the MBNA True Line Mastercard
The MBNA True Line Mastercard offers a low 12.99% interest rate and a 0% balance transfer rate. There’s no annual fee and you can order up to nine additional cards at no extra cost. The downside is it comes with very few added benefits and you won’t earn cash back or rewards for making purchases on your card.
- Get this card if you’re looking to save money on interest.
- Choose something else if you want to earn points or qualify for comprehensive benefits.
- This card doesn’t come with a minimum annual income requirement.
If you’re struggling to pay off your outstanding balance or you can’t seem to meet your minimum monthly payments on your current credit card, you might like to consider transferring to the MBNA True Line Mastercard.
- Welcome offer: Get a 0% promotional annual interest rate for 12 months on balance transfers completed within 90 days of account opening.
- No annual fee. You won’t have to pay an annual fee to maintain this card.
- Low interest rate. You’ll pay an interest rate of 12.99% on purchases (which is 7% lower than with a typical card).
- Free additional cards. You can get up to nine additional cards at no extra fee.
- Enhanced security. It’s easy to safeguard your purchases with security features like PIN-protected microchips and online fraud prevention mechanisms.
- Zero Liability insurance. You won’t be held responsible for fraudulent charges on your account with Zero Liability insurance.
- 24/7 support. You can call MBNA at any time of day or night to troubleshoot issues with your account.
- Trip assistance. You’ll get support when you travel with lost tickets and luggage assistance, pre-trip information and legal assistance where necessary.
- Easy to qualify. You won’t have to meet any minimum income requirements to qualify for this card.
What to watch out for
- No rewards or cash back. The low interest rate on this card replaces rewards or cash back as the main incentive.
- No basic insurance. You won’t get purchase protection or extended warranty coverage when you buy consumer goods.
- Few benefits. You won’t get additional benefits like travel insurance, mobile device protection or roadside assistance.
- Balance transfer fee. You’ll pay 3% on any amount you transfer from another credit card (which means a $10,000 transfer will come with a $300 fee).
- High interest on cash advances. You’ll pay much higher interest with cash advances than for regular purchases.
MBNA True Line Mastercard interest rates
|Purchase interest rate
|Cash advance rate
|Standard balance transfer rate
What should I know before I apply?
How to apply
- Head to the MBNA website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The MBNA True Line Mastercard is a low-interest card that offers upfront savings on outstanding balances for no annual fee. It comes with a 0% introductory balance rate for the first 12 months and you can take out up to 9 additional cards for no extra fee. The downside of this card is that you won’t get comprehensive benefits or earn rewards for making purchases.