The Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card offers users annual rewards, as well as access to a suite of American Express business solutions and insurance benefits.
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card Review
- Welcome Offer
- 50,000 points
- Up to 5 points per $1 spent
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
With the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card, you'll earn Marriott Bonvoy points that can be used for free nights at Marriott hotels as well as getaways, and more. Earn 50,000 welcome bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you charge $1,500 in purchases to your card in the first three months.
Best for: Business owners looking to earn Marriott Bonvoy points.
Earn a welcome bonus up to 50,000 points
Earn up to 5 points per $1 spent
Annual fee of $150
High penalties for missed payments
- Business solutions. American Express offers card users the chance to pay back balances in lump sums, or over time. Card users will also be given access to tools and programs to help manage finances for business operations.
- Insurance benefits. Card users will have access to travel and business insurance benefits and services.
- Supplementary cards. Card account holders can link up to 99 supplementary cards to the Marriott Bonvoy™ account. This maximises the chance to earn points. There is a $50 annual fee on supplementary cards, but these fees may be tax deductible.
- Marriott Bonvoy™ reward program. Using the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card allows you to earn distinctive awards from the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. Accrued points can be used on flights, event passes and free hotel accommodations with no blackout dates at over 7,000 participating Marriott hotels worldwide.
- 24/7 customer service. You’ll be able to get the help you need, at any time of day, with American Express customer support.
- Welcome bonus. Earn 50,000 welcome bonus Marriott Bonvoy points.
- Marriott Bonvoy™ membership upgrade. Upgrade to Gold Elite status after you charge $30,000 in net purchases to your card each year, or when you combine 10 qualifying paid nights within one calendar year with the 15 Elite Night Credits from your card.
- Annual free night. Each year, if your account is in good standing, you will be automatically awarded with a one night stay at a participating Marriott Bonvoy™ property.
- Accelerated points earning. Earn 5 points for every $1 in purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, 3 points for every $1 spent on eligible gas, dining and travel, and 2 points for every $1 spent on everything else.
- Business management tools. Control employee expenses plus track and accumulate points on your account with Supplementary Cards, so you have an opportunity to maximize the points you earn.
What to watch out for
- Overseas use. American Express cards are not as widely accepted overseas as Visa or Mastercards.
- Rate increases. Interest rates can increase to up 26.99% if you miss 3 payments in any 12 month period.
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||20.99%|
|Cash advance rate||21.99%|
What should I know before I apply?
To be eligible for the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card you must:
- Be a Canadian resident.
- Have a Canadian credit file.
- Be the age of majority in the province or territory where you live.
Required documents and information:
- Your name and contact information.
- The name of your business and its address.
- Financial statements and histories.
How to apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely linked to the American Express website.
- Select the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card and click ‘apply’ to begin your application.
- Complete the application, providing the appropriate information and documentation where necessary.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other American Express credit cards
How long will it take to be approved?
You could get a response in as little as a minute. Approval times will vary depending on the specifics of your application. If your application is missing documentation or requires manual review, your approval could take several weeks.
Once your application has been approved, you’ll typically receive your card in the mail within 5 to 10 business days.
The Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card is a serviceable business card that offers unique reward earning opportunities.