Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card Review
Earn reward points for the Marriott Bonvoy™ program with the Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card.
The Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card offers users annual rewards, as well as access to a suite of American Express business solutions and insurance benefits.
Purchase Interest Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card|
|Reward||Earn 5 Marriott Bonvoy™ points per dollar spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties, 3 points on eligible gas, dining and travel and 2 points on all other spend. Terms apply.|
|Welcome Offer||Receive 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy™ points when you charge $1,500 in the first 3 months of card membership. Terms apply.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- High rewards earning opportunity on the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- High penalties for missed payments.
- Business solutions. American Express offers card users the chance to pay back balances in lump sums, or over time. Card users will also be given access to tools and programs to help manage finances for business operations.
- Insurance benefits. Card users will have access to travel and business insurance benefits and services.
- Supplementary cards. Card account holders can link up to 99 supplementary cards to the Marriott Bonvoy™ account. This maximises the chance to earn points. There is a $50 annual fee on supplementary cards, but these fees may be tax deductible.
- Marriott Bonvoy™ reward program. Using the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card allows you to earn distinctive awards from the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. Accrued points can be used on flights, event passes and free hotel accommodations with no blackout dates at over 7,000 participating Marriott hotels worldwide.
- 24/7 customer service. You’ll be able to get the help you need, at any time of day, with American Express customer support.
- Welcome bonus. You’ll earn a bonus of 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy™ points if you charge $1,500 in purchases to your card during the first 3 months. 50,000 points is enough to redeem 3 free nights in a category 2 hotel.
- Marriott Bonvoy™ membership upgrade. You’ll be automatically upgraded to Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite status if you reach $30,000 in purchases on your card each year. As a card member, you will receive 15 Elite Night credits annually and these can be used to achieve the next level of Elite status in the program.
- Annual free night. Each year, if your account is in good standing, you will be automatically awarded with a one night stay at a participating Marriott Bonvoy™ property.
- Accelerated points earning. Your Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card can earn you 5 points for every $1 spent at participating Marriot Bonvoy™ properties, 3 points per dollar spent on eligible gas, dining and travel purchases and 2 points on other spend.
What to watch out for
- Overseas use. American Express cards are not as widely accepted overseas as Visa or Mastercards.
- Rate increases. Interest rates can increase to up 26.99% if you miss 3 payments in any 12 month period.
What should I know before I apply?
To be eligible for the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card you must:
- Be a Canadian resident.
- Have a Canadian credit file.
- Be the age of majority in the province or territory where you live.
Required documents and information:
- Your name and contact information.
- The name of your business and its address.
- Financial statements and histories.
How to apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely linked to the American Express website.
- Select the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card and click ‘apply’ to begin your application.
- Complete the application, providing the appropriate information and documentation where necessary.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other American Express credit cards
How long will it take to be approved?
You could get a response in as little as a minute. Approval times will vary depending on the specifics of your application. If your application is missing documentation or requires manual review, your approval could take several weeks.
Once your application has been approved, you’ll typically receive your card in the mail within 5 to 10 business days.
The Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card is a serviceable business card that offers unique reward earning opportunities.