Send money overseas quickly and easily with Western Union international money transfers.
Western Union is a leader in global payment services, with 550,000+ agent locations and 100,000 ATMs and kiosks in over 200 countries around the world. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far away, to NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, Western Union offers a convenient, secure and affordable way for Canadians to send money overseas.
Lodge a transfer either online, through the WU mobile app or in person, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Send funds in cash or from your credit card, debit card or bank account to the recipient’s bank account or a mobile phone / prepaid card.
Western Union exchange rates
Western Union updates its exchange rates regularly in line with fluctuating market conditions. The company offers competitive rates when compared to banks and even online money transfer services. However, it’s important to remember that fees will also apply to any transaction.
|1 CAD in||Western Union||TorFX||TD Bank|
*Rates as of 16 February 2018
How much does it cost to transfer money with Western Union?
Fees and foreign exchange rates may vary based on a number of factors including the amount sent, payment method (credit/debit card or cash), payment delivery (cash or bank account) and destination country. The table below outlines one example of how fees vary when sending various amounts of money from Canada to India.
|Amount Sent (CAD)||Payment Method||Payment Delivery||Fee (CAD)|
|$0 – 999||Credit/Debit||Bank Account||$5|
To send over $999, you must use WU Online FX service.
Western Union is fairly transparent when it comes to charging fees – you will always get a full quote for the total amount that you need to send to them when booking your trade online or over the phone.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
Western Union international money transfers must be a minimum of at least $10; you may need to visit a branch if you want to transfer an amount greater than $1,000. With more than 135 currencies available, Western Union lets you transfer funds to over 200 countries. With online services, you can send up to $999 per day.
What types of transfers can you carry out with Western Union?
Western Union offers a wide range of options when you want to send money overseas.
- Online transfers. Lodge a transfer online via the Western Union website.
- In-branch transfers. Schedule a transfer by visiting your local Western Union branch – the company has over 3,000 locations in Canada and 500,000+ agent locations worldwide.
- Cash pick-up. Recipient can pick up funds in cash by visiting a Western Union branch.
- Transfer to bank account. Funds can be transferred straight into recipient’s bank account.
- Transfer to mobile phone. In select countries, Western Union will deposit funds into a mobile wallet (ie. electronic account linked to the receiver’s mobile phone).
If you need help lodging a transfer, you can seek assistance by visiting a branch. Customer service is also available through an online FAQ section, via phone and through email.
Login and Transfer Process
Sending money should be as convenient as checking your email or surfing the Web. With Western Union, you can send money online 24/7. Your receiver can pick up the money as cash in minutes of transfer at a Western Union agent location. In certain countries, money can be deposited in a bank account or received in a mobile wallet, although this process usually takes between 1 and 3 days.
Send money for cash pickup or direct to bank account/mobile wallet:
- Log in to your profile. If you don’t have a profile, you can register for free.
- Choose country, amount and delivery method (cash).
- Enter your receiver’s name or bank account information.
- Pay with your credit or debit card.
- You’ll get a confirmation by email. Save the tracking number (MTCN) to share with your receiver for pickup. For direct to bank transfers, the money will be deposited into your receiver’s qualifying bank account.
Receive money for cash pickup
Recipients can pick up funds at any agent location, but will need to complete a “To Receive Money” form and include the following information:
- MTCN (tracking number supplied)
- Sender’s Name
- Receiver’s Name
- Expected Amount
- MT Originating City and Country
- MT Destination City and Country
- Acceptable ID documents (such as passport)
Pros and cons of using Western Union
- 135+ Currencies. Western Union can help you to transfer funds to over 200 countries around the world.
- Fast processing times. Depending on the destination and currency, Western Union aims to deposit funds on the day of transfer.
- Convenient. With over 3,000 agent locations in Canada plus an online mobile app and a user-friendly website, Western Union makes it easy to send money overseas.
- Fees apply. Fees vary depending on amount and destination country.
- Exchange rates. Unlike some other transfer services, Western Union does not offer mid-market exchange rates.
What other products and services does Western Union offer?
- TravelWise. This travel card allows you to send money to yourself before you leave for your holiday and pick up your cash in the local currency when you arrive at your destination.
- Business transfers. Western Union Business Solutions offers a wide range of international payment solutions for small businesses and larger enterprises, including attractive exchange rates and the ability to do business in over 200 countries.
- Gold Card. This nifty card speeds up the money transfer process when you visit a Western Union agent location by storing the details of recipients you send money to on the regular.
Frequently asked questions about Western Union
Western Union provides a viable option if you’re looking to send money overseas quickly. However, it’s best to compare rates and fees from several money transfer services to find the best option for your needs.