Desjardins Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege credit card review
Access a wide variety of benefits and get a low interest rate with this travel credit card.Despite the fact that this is a premium credit card, the annual fee is just $295 for members and $395 for nonmembers
Purchase Interest Rate
The Desjardins Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege credit card is for people who travel frequently. When you use this credit card, you can access a wide variety of benefits, including access to the Desjardins Odyssey Lounge, comprehensive travel insurance, auto rental insurance, identity theft assistance, emergency healthcare coverage and more.
- Think about this card if you travel a lot and want access to premium benefits that are ideal for frequent travellers.
- Choose something else if you are not a frequent traveller.
- You must have an annual income of over $150,000 to get this credit card.
This credit card is ideal for people with a large income and who travel on a regular basis. If you don’t fall into this category, it may not be a good option for you.
- Low annual fee. Despite the fact that this is a premium credit card, the annual fee is just $295 for members and $395 for nonmembers
- Low interest rate. The interest rate for this credit card is 9.9%.
- Extensive benefits for travellers. This credit card offers travel insurance, temporary healthcare coverage and rental car insurance, perks that are all highly desired by travellers.
- Access to the Desjardins Odyssey Lounge. The Desjardins Odyssey Lounge is an oasis for travellers in the Montreal-Trudeau International Airport. It has comfortable seating, unlimited snacks and beverages as well as free Wi-Fi.
- BONUSDOLLARS. The Desjardins Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege credit card offers up to 4% of your purchases in BONUSDOLLARS You can use BONUSDOLLARS to earn cashback and rewards as well as to purchase gift cards, financial products and services, travel benefits and show tickets. You can also use them to make donations to charity.
- Access to the Desjardins Odyssey Lounge. The Desjardins Odyssey Lounge is an exclusive area of the Montreal-Trudeau Airport. This lounge is peaceful and has ample seating. You can sit back, relax and wait for your flight in comfort. When you are in the Desjardins Odyssey Lounge, you also get unlimited snacks and beverages, free newspapers, free magazines and free Wi-Fi.
- Additional card with no annual fees. Once you have the Desjardins Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege card, you’ll be eligible to receive another credit card for no additional annual fee.
- Travel insurance. This card offers comprehensive travel insurance for up to 60 consecutive days, no matter how much you travel during the year. This coverage extends to spouses and dependent children, and includes the following:
- Emergency healthcare coverage of up to $5,000,000 per person and 60 days per trip
- Trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance of up to $2,500 per person
- Baggage insurance of up to $2,500 per person
- Common carrier accident coverage of up to $1,000,000
- Travel assistance service 24/7 free of charge
- Bonuses. In addition to the primary perks of the Desjardins Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege credit card, you can get the following bonus perks:
- Protection and extended warranty
- Identity theft assistance
- Visa PayWave contactless technology
- Mobile payments so that you can tap and pay with your smartphone
- Auto rental collision/loss damage insurance
- Mobile device insurance
- Additional protection for online purchases with Verified by Visa
- Balance transfers
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $295 for members and $395 for nonmembers.
- Minimum income requirement: You must make at least $150,000 a year to qualify for this card.
- You can’t order it online. You have to apply for this card over the phone or in person.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the Desjardins website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, birth date, employment status and other pertinent information.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other credit cards