Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa review
- Welcome Offer
- Up to 2% cash back
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
With the Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa credit card, You get 2% of all your purchases back in BONUSDOLLARS which can be redeemed for rewards.
The Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa could be a good credit card option for people who want a premium credit card but who do not have incomes high enough to get better credit cards such as the Desjardins Odyssey Infinite Privilege Card. The Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa provides a good amount of benefits as long as you pay your annual fee.
- This about this card if you travel regularly and want travel insurance in addition to solid rewards.
- Choose something else if you don’t need travel insurance or if you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- There is no minimum income requirement to get this card.
- There is no welcome bonus for this card.
- You get 2% of all your purchases back in BONUSDOLLARS which can be redeemed for rewards.
- Interest rate is 19.9%.
- Annual fee is $110.
- The card comes with purchase protection and an extended warranty of up to one additional year past the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Comprehensive travel insurance. This includes up to $5 million in emergency healthcare coverage, up to $2,500 per person in trip cancellation insurance, baggage insurance of up to $1,000 per person, common carrier accident coverage of up to $1 million in the event of accidental death or dismemberment, and travel assistance services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere in the world.
- Mobile device insurance. Get up to $1,000 in coverage in the event that your tablet, smartphone, or cell phone is lost, damaged, stolen, or experiences mechanical failure.
- 50 % off access to the Desjardins Odyssey Lounge at Montreal’s Trudeau Airport. The Desjardins Odyssey Lounge features unlimited snacks and beverages, comfortable seating, free newspapers and magazines, touchscreen computers for children to play with, and views of the runways.
- BONUSDOLLARS rewards program. With the Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa credit card, you You get 2% of all your purchases back in BONUSDOLLARS which can be redeemed for rewards.
which can be redeemed for things like rewards and gift cards, financial products and services, travel benefits, show tickets, and donations.
- N0 liability in the event of fraud. If any fraudulent transactions are made on your credit card, then you are not liable for them. Desjardins will handle this liability.
- Simple balance transfers. If you need to make a balance transfer, the process is simple and easy to complete.
- Hertz car rental discount. You get up to 25 % off when you rent a car with Hertz when you have a Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa.
- No minimum income requirement. This is an appealing benefit for many people who do not have incomes high enough for more exclusive credit cards.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. When you own this credit card, you have to pay an annual fee of $110. There is no getting around this. It is not the highest annual fee in the world, but it is certainly not as desirable as having no annual fee.
- High interest rate. The Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa credit card has an interest rate of 19.9%. There are higher interest rates out there, but there are also definitely many credit cards with lower interest rates. So, if you get the card, you will have to watch your spending carefully.
- No welcome bonus. This credit card has no welcome bonus. So, if that is something you value, then the Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa might not be a good option for you.
- Only 2% back in BONUSDOLLARS. You get 2% of all your purchases back in BONUSDOLLARS which can be redeemed for rewards.
Also, other Desjardins credit cards, such as the Desjardins Odyssey Visa Infinite Privilege card offer 2% back.
Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||19.9%|
|Cash advance rate||19.9%|
What should I know before I apply
How to Apply
There are three different ways to apply for a Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa credit card: online, by phone, and in-person. Here is how to apply using these methods:
Head to the Desjardins website so safely applying online.
Call by phone
- Montreal area: 514-397-9557
- Elsewhere in Canada and the U.S.: 1-877-684-8472
Apply in person
- Find a caisse
Compare other credit cards
The Desjardins Odyssey Gold Visa card might be suitable for people who do not have a high income or a good credit score, but who want access to a credit card with solid travel insurance. This card is not ideal for people who do not travel frequently, however. But, people who get this credit card can access a lot of good benefits through the BONUSDOLLARS rewards program. This makes the card a good option for people who like rewards.