Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Desjardins Modulo Visa card review
Earn BONUSDOLLARS and enjoy low interest rates with the Desjardins Modulo Visa credit card.
No longer offered in the market
The Desjardins Modulo Visa is no longer available. However, we’ve kept the information online for those who are interested.
You can compare more Desjardins credit cards here.
The Desjardins Modulo Visa card is one of four credit cards in the Desjardins line of Visa cards that earn BONUSDOLLARS. You’ll earn 1% on all purchases and pre-approved payments that you can then redeem for your choice of different rewards, including travel. You’ll also enjoy a low interest rate and a modest annual fee of $50
- Consider this card if you prefer lower interest rates and want to earn some form of redeemable rewards for everyday purchases.
- Pick a different card if you want a more robust rewards program and comprehensive travel insurance.
- No minimum annual income is required to apply for this card.
If you enjoy having low interest rates on your Visa for everyday purchases as well as pre-authorized payments and wouldn’t mind earning points for a few perks, you should consider signing up for the Desjardins Modulo Visa card.
- Good cash advances. Receive up to $5,000 a day from anywhere in the world.
- Zero liability. In the event of a fraudulent transaction, you are free of any liability made against your card.
- Purchase protection. This card offers coverage on select items for 90 days
from the purchase date in the event of loss or damage.
- Financing. Receive Accord D financing on items that are above your current spending habits.
- Low interest rates. Enjoy an interest rate of 10.9%, which is almost half the rate of major cards.
- BONUSDOLLARS. Earn BONUSDOLLARS on eligible purchases.
- Car rental discounts. Receive up to 15% off select Hertz locations worldwide
- Mobile device insurance. Get up to $1,000 back if your cell phone, smartphone or tablet has been lost, stolen, damaged or has suffered a mechanical failure
- Free coverage for short trips. Receive travel insurance on trips of three days or less outside your province of residence.
- Visa Checkout. Enjoy privacy protection and faster checkouts when purchasing things online.
- Travel assistance service. Receive free travel support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. You’ll pay an annual fee of $50 on the primary card with an added fee of $10 for an additional card.
- Limited travel insurance. You’ll only get three days of out-of-province coverage, and you’ll have to purchase a separate travel insurance plan for longer trips.
- Conversion fees. All transactions made in a foreign currency will be converted to Canadian dollars, and you will be hit with a 2.5% conversion fee of the transaction amount.
- Very low return on points. You earn 1% on all purchases, so if you spend $1,000 a month, you’re only going to earn $10, a value of $0.01 per BONUSDOLLARS point
- Quick BONUSDOLLARS redemption. BONUSDOLLARS must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase
- Few benefits. You won’t receive comprehensive travel insurance or roadside assistance.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the Desjardins website to begin your application.
- Complete the application online, which includes providing your complete name, email address, social insurance number, birth date, employment status, financial information and other pertinent details.
- Review and submit your application.