Desjardins Classic Visa card review
Enjoy a low interest rate and travel insurance benefits when you use this credit card.
The interest rate for this credit card is only 12.9%, which makes it significantly lower than many similar cards.
Purchase Interest Rate
No longer offered in the market
The Desjardins Classic Visa is no longer available. However, we’ve kept the information online for those who are interested.
You can compare more Desjardins credit cards here.
The Desjardins Classic Visa is a credit card for Canadians who prefer to have low interest rates and low annual fees over excellent rewards. However, despite the fact that this credit card might not have as many rewards as other comparable cards, it does still have an array of favorable features.
- Think about this card if you travel a lot and do not like high annual fees.
- Choose something else if you want outstanding rewards.
- There is no annual income requirement for this card.
If you travel regularly and if you do not have a high income, then you might want to consider the Desjardins Classic Visa credit card.
- Relatively low interest rate. The interest rate for this credit card is only 12.9%, which makes it significantly lower than many similar cards.
- Travel insurance. At least part of your travels are covered with the Desjardins Classic Visa.
- Strong security. This credit card has chip technology, which strengthens the security for the card.
- Cash advances. With this card, you can get cash advances of up to $2,500 a day anywhere in the world.
- Low interest rate. You’ll only pay a 12.9% interest rate with this card.
- Mobile payments. You can tap and pay with your phone for this credit card.
- No liability in the event of fraud. If your card info is hacked, you will not be liable for any issues that result from this fraud.
- Travel insurance. With the Desjardins Classic Visa, you get travel insurance for trips that are three days or less. If you need coverage beyond three days, you must obtain it from the travel insurer. This coverage includes temporary health insurance coverage of up to $5,000,000 per person, trip cancellation coverage of up to $1,000 per person, baggage insurance of up to $500 per person and 24/7 travel assistance service
- Low annual fee. The annual fee for this credit card is only $30. That is very low compared to other similar cards.
- Accord D financing. You can get up to $50,000 in funds based on your needs and financial situation
- Cash advance. With this credit card, you can get cash advances of up to $2,500 per day anywhere in the world.
- Additional card at no annual fee. If you want to get a card for your spouse, your brother, your sister, your friend, etc, Desjardins allows you to get another one for no additional fee.
- Discount at Hertz. With the Desjardins Classic Visa, you get a discount of up to 15% at participating Hertz rental car locations
- Access to Visa Checkout. You can use Visa Checkout for extremely simple and fast checkouts.
What to watch out for
- No sign-on bonus. If sign-on bonuses are important to you, then this might not be the right card for you.
- No rewards. This credit card has a low interest rate, a low annual fee and does not require a specific minimum income to obtain. This comes at a cost – there are no rewards. So, if you value rewards, you might want to think about a different credit card.
- Only three days of travel insurance. If you’re planning on using this as your primary travel credit card, you need to watch out for the fact that it only provides three days of travel insurance coverage. If your trip is longer than that, then you can find yourself not covered for a large portion of your trip.
What should I know before I apply?
How to apply?
You can apply online or by phone by calling Desjardins direct.