Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Desjardins Cash Back World Mastercard review
Earn up to 2% cash back with the Desjardins Cash Back World Mastercard
No longer offered in the market
The Desjardins Cash Back World Mastercard is no longer available. However, we’ve kept the information online for those who are interested.
You can compare more Desjardins credit cards here.
- Think about getting this card if you enjoy getting cash back rewards or if you have any other financial services tied to Desjardins.
- Choose a different card if you want better travel perks, points for a rewards program or if you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- You’ll need a minimum annual salary of $60,000 to qualify for this card.
If you use your card for everyday purchases and want the peace of mind that in the event of fraudulent transactions, you’ll incur no liability, then you might want to consider the Desjardins Cash Back World Mastercard.
- Zero liability in the event of fraud. You don’t incur any liability for fraudulent transactions made against your card.
- Mobile payments. Make easy, free and secure payments using the tap feature with your mobile phone.
- Great cash advances. Receive up to $5,000 a day from anywhere in the world.
- Purchase protection and extended warranty. Get cover for most personal property/gifts purchased with your card.
- Mobile device insurance. Get up to $1,000 if your cell phone, smartphone or tablet is lost, stolen, accidentally damaged or has a mechanical failure
- Car rental collision/loss damage insurance. Receive insurance if your rental car is damaged or stolen for a period of up to 48 consecutive days when you charge the full cost of your car rental to your card
- Free coverage for short trips. Receive travel insurance on trips of three days or less outside your province of residence
- Car rental discounts. You’ll get up to 15% off from select Hertz locations worldwide
- Travel assistance service. Receive free travel support, 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
What to Watch Out For
- Annual fee. You’ll pay an annual fee of $50 on the primary card with an added $10 fee for an additional card.
- Currency markup. You’ll pay a 2.5% currency exchange fee if converting to another foreign currency.
- High interest rates. Interest rates sit at around 19.9% for outstanding balances, which is around 7% higher than with a low-interest card.
- Short travel insurance. You’ll only get three days of out-of-province coverage, and you’ll have to purchase a separate travel insurance plan for longer trips.
- Changing cards. If you’re switching to a different Desjardins card that uses its BONUSDOLLARS rewards program, you can transfer your cash back balance at a ratio of 1 to 1.
- Closing/cancelling card. You’ll have 90 days to redeem your cash back earned at the time you cancel/close your card
What should I know before I apply
How to Apply
- Head to the Desjardins website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number, birth date, employment status and other pertinent information.
- Review and submit your application.