Companies like Vroom in Canada
Vroom isn't available in Canada but you can check out these other online car-buying platforms.
Vroom is a US-based used car seller that lets consumers buy, sell and finance used cars online. It was founded in 2013 and its headquarters are in New York City.
Is Vroom in Canada?
Unfortunately, there is currently no Vroom in Canada. The company doesn’t seem to have plans to expand to Canada, but there are several other services you can consider to get the same used-car-buying experience this side of the border. Compare some of the best options below.
What are some companies like Vroom in Canada?
While there’s no Vroom in Canada, the companies below let you shop for a car online and have it delivered to your home.
|Company||Loan details||Trial period||Free warranty||Serviced provinces|
|10 days/750 km||90 days/6,000 km||Ontario and Nova Scotia||Go to site|
|14 days/750 km||90 days/10,000 km||Ontario||Go to site|
|Not disclosed||7 days||No free warranty||Ontario||Learn more|
|Not disclosed||10 days/720 km||100 days/5,000 km||Ontario and surrounding region||Learn more|
|7 days||90 days/5,000 km||Ontario||Learn more|
Companies like Vroom in Canada
Learn more about each online car dealer below.
Available in Ontario and Nova Scotia only
Clutch is headquartered in Toronto and was founded in 2016. You can buy, sell and finance cars through its website. The company offers a full CARFAX report and a 210-point inspection as well as benefits such as warranty coverage and a money-back guarantee for all of its vehicles.
Customers seem to like Clutch, based on over 800 positive Google reviews. It’s known for offering competitive prices for newer vehicles with a large inventory to choose from. You can access Clutch in Ontario and Nova Scotia.
Like its competitors, CarDoor brings the car-shopping experience completely online. The company was launched in 2021 and is headquartered in Toronto. You can look through CarDoor’s inventory of hundreds of used cars, do a 360-degree walk around and read through the vehicle’s key features without leaving your house.
CarDoor is known for offering high financing amounts (up to $110,000) and for providing a stress-free online car-buying process for customers.
Carnex is an Ontario-based online dealer that specializes in buying and selling electric vehicles, with the lowest ticket price starting at $50,000. The company was founded in 2020 and is based in Mississauga, Ontario.
Vehicles undergo an 89-point inspection before their sale and Carnex provides 360-degree detailed pictures with highlights of any mechanical or cosmetic issues. Carnex also provides a vehicle test drive report and free at-home delivery within 250 kilometres.
This Ontario-based online dealer is the direct-to-consumer portal for Axis Auto Finance. As a fintech, DriveAxis helps buyers access quick financing combined with a smooth online car-buying experience. It works primarily with its dealer network to offer a large inventory of cars. The company will price match and give you $500 if its website isn’t up to date with the latest dealer pricing.
All vehicles come with a CARFAX report and a 300-point inspection. You can also get same-day delivery in many cases. Unlike its competitors, DriveAxis doesn’t offer free warranty coverage for any of its cars.
CarMonk is a new Ontario-based car-buying platform that calls itself the “most Zen way to buy your new car.” You can buy, sell or finance your next car completely online with CarMonk and get it delivered to your home, often for free.
CarMonk provides a free CARFAX report and a 172-point inspection for all of its vehicles. The company was established by Consumer Genius, which owns brands like CarsFast, Loanz and LendingArch.
How to compare car-buying platforms like Vroom in Canada
- Inventory. Consider how many cars the company sells and make sure it has the make and model you want in stock. You’ll have a higher chance of getting the best car for your personal needs if you shop from a larger inventory.
- Financing terms. Look at the several financing options and compare features such as interest rates, term length, amount you can borrow and eligibility criteria. Make sure you qualify before you set your sights on the car you want so you can avoid disappointment.
- Trial period and warranty. Compare online dealers to find the one that offers the longest warranty and trial period. This will let you test drive the vehicle to make sure it’s a good fit and cover repairs in the first few months.
- Delivery fees. Delivery fees will vary depending on your location, but they can cost hundreds of dollars, depending on the company. It’s best to shop with an online dealer that works in your area and will deliver your car for free.
- Serviced provinces. Make sure the company you want to work with actually provides services in your province. Some of the companies listed in this post only operate in Ontario, while others work in select provinces in Western or Eastern Canada.
- Company reputation. Look online for customer reviews, Better Business Bureau ratings and other public information. Make sure the company you’re interested in has a good reputation and will give you solid customer service.
It’s not possible to buy and sell cars through Vroom in Canada. However, there are several suitable alternatives that you can use. Compare features such as rates, terms, loan amounts, trial periods, warranties and serviced provinces for various online car-buying companies to find the best fit for your needs.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Carnex review: Online dealer of used EVs
How to buy a used electric vehicle online with Carnex, including how to choose a vehicle and find financing.
5 companies like CarMax
Compare companies in Canada similar to CarMax. Shop for cars online.
4 companies like Carvana in Canada
Carvana is a popular online car-buying platform in the US, but it’s currently not available in Canada. Here are 4 Carvana equivalents in Canada.
6 companies like Canada Drives
Shopping for a car online? Compare six companies like Canada Drives.
Canada Drives vs Clutch vs CarDoor
Compare the top features of three online car dealers in Canada: Canada Drives, Clutch and CarDoor.
If you’re thinking of buying a used car in the Greater Toronto Area, check out online car buying platform CarDoor.
Clutch review: Car purchase and financing platform
Buy a car completely online through Clutch, a car-buying platform with thousands of used vehicles.
How to buy a car online in Canada
Find out how to buy a car online in Canada and have it delivered to your doorstep.
Buying a car online vs in person at a dealership
Compare the pros and cons of buying a car online vs at a dealership, and choose which option suits you best.