CIBC Aventura Visa Card for Business Plus review
Lock in a generous welcome bonus and get a high return on Aventura Points when you spend money on your business.Earn 1.5 points for every $1 you spend on flights, hotels, car rentals and gas, 2 points for every $1 you spend on travel through the CIBC Rewards Centre and 1 point for everything else.
Purchase Interest Rate
The CIBC Aventura Visa Card for Business Plus is a premium travel card that rewards you for spending money on your business. Earn 1.5 points for every $1 you spend on flights, hotels, car rentals and gas, 2 points for every $1 you spend on travel through the CIBC Rewards Centre and 1 point for everything else.
- Think about this card if you want flexible rewards and a welcome bonus.
- Choose something else if you want low interest or you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- There’s no minimum annual income required to apply but approval is based on the creditworthiness of your business.
If you travel regularly and want to earn flexible rewards for the money you spend on your business, then you might benefit from the CIBC Aventura Visa Card for Business Plus.
- High return. Earn 1.5 points for every $1 you spend on flights, hotels, car rentals and gas, 2 points for every $1 you spend on travel through the CIBC Rewards Centre and 1 point for everything else.
- Welcome bonus. Earn up to 60,000 Aventura Points. Get 20,000 Aventura Points when you make your first purchase & get 5,000 bonus Aventura Points. Plus, get 35,000 additional anniversary bonus Aventura Points when you spend $65,000 or more during the first year.
- Travel benefits. Rest easy with comprehensive travel coverage for trip interruption and cancellation as well as flight delays and lost baggage.
- Purchase assurance. Protect your purchases with 90 days
coverage and extended warranty protection for eligible products you pay for with your card.
- Business features. Manage how much you spend on your business with Visa Payment Controls and track your expenses through customized Visa Business Reporting.
- Common carrier insurance. Cover your next trip with up to $500,000 worth of insurance when you travel on flights, buses, trains and ferries.
- Car rental insurance. Save money on third-party car rental insurance with full coverage for rentals when you pay on your card.
- Flexible rewards. Cash in your points for a wide range of rewards including flights, hotels, cruises, gift cards, merchandise, statement credits and more.
- Personalized service. Consult with the Aventura Travel Assistant to plan a seamless trip with no extra booking fees.
- Security features. Relax knowing that you’ll be protected from fraud with special features like fraud alerts, encrypted chip-enabled cards and Visa Checkout services.
- Many additional cards. Order up to 15 additional cards to earn points faster.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. You’ll need to pay $120 per year to keep your account active.
- High interest. Interest rates are 19.99% for outstanding balances, though this is the industry standard interest rate.
- No travel medical. There’s no travel medical coverage when you take trips out of province.
- No low-interest offer. You won’t be able to pay an additional fee to get a lower interest rate on your card.
- Fee for additional cards. You’ll have to pay an extra $50 for every card you add to your account.
What should I know before I apply?
How to apply
- Head to the CIBC website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
If you travel regularly and want to start cashing in on flexible rewards for spending money on your business, then you could be the right fit for the CIBC Aventura Visa Card for Business Plus. This card offers a generous welcome bonus along with a full suite of travel benefits for a reasonable annual fee.