Captain Cash short term loans
Find out how you can get same-day approval for a short term loan with this online lender.
This online lender offers same-day approval for loans starting at $500, with no collateral required to secure financing.
$500 - $750
90 to 120 days
If you need fast access to cash due to an unexpected emergency, you might benefit from a short term loan with Captain Cash short term loans. This online lender offers same-day approval for loans starting at $500, with no collateral required to secure financing.
Just keep in mind that while these loans can be a temporary band-aid solution for your financial problems, they aren’t suitable for long-term use. This is because they come with high fees and interest rates, and can be difficult to pay off.
What types of loans do Captain Cash short term loans provide?
Captain Cash works with various lenders to offer short term personal loans that are typically paid out to your bank account in under 24 hours. As a first-time customer, the most you can borrow at one time is $500 but you may be able to borrow more as you build an on-time payment history with the company.
The downside of these loans is that you’ll pay high annual interest rates (APR) and you’ll only have a limited amount of time to pay the money back. The upside is that it’s easy to qualify and you’ll have the choice to pay back your loan as quickly as you want.
How much will I pay for my loan?
The APR on the amount borrowed is 22% plus a transaction fee of $0.50. For example, a loan of $500 including fees and interest would result in a reimbursement of approximately $750.
You may also need to pay additional fees for certain services. These can include non-sufficient funds fees for not having enough money in your bank account to cover a payment or fees for deferring your payments if you think you’ll have to miss one.
There is also mention of a surety fee in the FAQ section of the Captain Cash short term loans website. This term isn’t explained, so it could be related to the APR charges but may be an additional fee you have to pay on top of your interest rates. These fees should be outlined in more detail on page three and four of your loan contract.
What can I use my Captain Cash loan for?
Captain Cash short term loans won’t tell you how you can spend the money you borrow. But you may want to use your new-found funds to cover some of the following costs:
- Emergency expenses. Short term loans are most commonly used to pay for unexpected or emergency expenses like car repairs, health care bills or funeral costs.
- Monthly expenses. Though it’s not recommended, you may be able to use your funds to cover monthly costs like rent and utilities between paycheques.
- One-off payments. You may want an injection of cash to cover large purchases like a new piece of furniture or an emergency flight.
- Debt repayment. You can use the amount you borrow to cover outstanding debts and avoid paying extra fees due to late payments and bounced cheques.
What are the benefits of a short term loan with Captain Cash?
There are a number of benefits that you can take advantage of when you take out a short term loan with Captain Cash:
- Easy application. You can apply for a loan online in a matter of minutes and get verified in less than 24 hours.
- Fast approval. You should receive your funds within 24 hours of being approved for your loan.
- Direct deposit. Your money will be deposited directly into your account so you won’t need to leave the comfort of your own home to receive your cash.
- Unsecured loans. You won’t need to put up any collateral like your home or vehicle to secure your loan.
- Bad credit doesn’t matter. Your credit won’t typically factor in to your loan decision, though you’ll need to meet other eligibility criteria.
- Payments can be deferred. You may be able to have your payments deferred for a small fee if you think you’re going to miss one.
- No fee for early pay-outs. You won’t have to pay anything extra to clear your debt out early.
What should I watch out for?
There are a couple of drawbacks you should be aware of before you take out a short term loan with Captain Cash short term loans:
- High interest rates. You’ll pay higher interest rates on this type of loan than you will for a traditional loan.
- Small amounts. You’ll only be able to qualify for $500 on your first loan until you establish a history of repayment with Captain Cash short term loans.
- Job verification is required. Your employment will need to be verified by phone and your loan won’t be processed until this occurs.
- No funding for self-employed. You won’t be able to qualify for funding if you’re self-employed unless you receive your income through direct deposit.
- Automatic withdrawals. Your payments will be taken automatically from your bank account, which means you have to budget accordingly to avoid late charges.
- Minimum income requirements. You’ll have to make a minimum income of $1,200 per month to qualify.
What should I know before I apply?
Which forms of income aren’t accepted?
You may not be able to meet the minimum income requirements for a short term loan if you’re supplementing your net employment income with the following forms of income:
How to apply
If you think you meet all the eligibility criteria and you’re ready to get started with your loan application, you just need to follow the steps below:
- Use the online application to provide personal information like your name, email address, proof of ID and relevant documents.
- Review and submit your application.
- Get verified and negotiate the terms of your loan if you meet the eligibility requirements.
Captain Cash short term loans is an online loan company that offers quick access to emergency cash. You can typically get approved in less than 24 hours for amounts up to $500. Just be aware that you’ll pay really high interest rates for these loans so they’re not good for long-term use. Use this post to find out whether this lender is right for you and what you need to qualify.
⚠️ Warning: Be cautious with payday loansPayday loans are expensive. If you're experiencing financial hardship call Credit Counselling Canada for free financial counselling (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm at +1 866-398-5999). Consider alternatives instead of a payday loan:
- Local resources. Government programs and nonprofits offer free financial services and help with food, utilities and rent.
- Debt relief companies. There are services to help you reduce your debt payments.
- Payment extensions. Talk with bill providers about longer payment plans or due-date extensions.
- Side jobs. Sell unwanted items online, sign up for food delivery and more.
Compare payday loans
Check the websites of any lenders you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your province or territory of residence.
Maximum borrowing costs per provinceAlways refer to your contract for exact repayment amounts and costs as they may vary from our results.
|Province||Maximum allowable cost of borrowing|
|Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick & Ontario||$15 per $100 borrowed|
|Manitoba & Saskatchewan||$17 per $100 borrowed|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||$21 per $100 borrowed|
|Prince Edward Island||$25 per $100 borrowed|
|Northwest Territories, Nunavut & the Yukon||$60 per $100 borrowed|
|Quebec||Limit of 35% annual interest rate (AIR)|