Canadian Coin & Currency review
Get fair pricing and top-notch customer service when you order certified coin and currency products from this licensed dealer.Canadian Coin and Currency offers a wide variety of coin and currency options, along with a number of other products based on your interests.
When you place an order, it gets sourced directly from reputable mints and suppliers. You can easily pay for your order by credit card, and you’ll get free shipping for any purchase over . It’s also possible to pick up your order from the company’s Toronto showroom for added protection.
- Think about this coin and currency dealer if you want to purchase certified collector products at reasonable prices.
- Choose something else if you’d prefer free shipping or you want insurance on your order while it’s in transit.
What does Canadian Coin and Currency sell?
Canadian Coin and Currency offers a wide variety of coin and currency options, along with a number of other products based on your interests.
- Coins and paper bills. You can purchase or sell thousands of Canadian coins, along with certified international coins/currencies.
- Precious metals. You can exchange your cash for certified silver and gold bullion and collector coins.
- Jewellery and memorabilia. You’ll be able to buy jewellery, tokens, medals, souvenir medallions and other memorabilia.
- Supplies and reference books. You can purchase extra supplies to showcase your collection or guidebooks to find out what types of coins and currency you have.
How does buying from Canadian Coin & Currency work?Canadian Coin & Currency operates an online store as well as a storefront shop in Toronto. All you need to do to make a purchase is choose the product you’re interested in from the online catalogue. Once you’ve put it into your card and clicked “check out”, you’ll be prompted to enter your personal information along with your credit card number.
You’ll also be required to enter your email address and a password which will automatically subscribe you to an online account with Canadian Coin & Currency. Your order will be displayed with shipping costs factored in. Then you just have to hit “Place Order” to make your purchase.
If you live in Toronto, you can also go into Canadian Coin & Currency‘s storefront shop to browse its selection. It’s also possible to place an order online to pick up at the store if you don’t want your order shipped out via the post. This will save you money on shipping and will typically mean you can pick up your order much faster.
Does Canadian Coin & Currency accept returns?Canadian Coin & Currency offers a 15-day return policy as long as the products you ordered haven’t been altered from their original state in any way. To make a return, you just need to send your items back in their original packaging with a reliable and trackable shipping service.
Once your return is received, you can choose to exchange your product for something else. You’ll also be able to request a full refund or store credit if you prefer. Just be aware that you may incur market losses on your product over time and you’ll have to pay for return shipping.
What payment methods can I use?
- Credit Card
- Money order
- Interact e-Transfer
- Wire transfer
- Bank draft
You’ll have to pay shipping costs to have your items shipped out to addresses in Canada and the US. Shipping costs include the following:
|Type of Shipping||Order value||Shipping cost|
|Cananda Standard||Up to $250||Around $9|
|Canada Xpress||Up to $1,000||$14|
|Canada FedEx||All order values||$22|
|United States Canada Post Express||All order values||$28|
You may also qualify for free shipping if you spend more than on qualifying products. That said, this offer may not be available to you if your order is very bulky or heavy.
How much will I have to pay for my order?
The price you’ll have to pay for your order will depend on how many and what types of coins, currency or other products you purchase. All of Canadian Coin & Currency‘s prices are listed on its website, so it’s very easy to figure out how much your total order will cost. You can also get a quote for how much shipping will set you back before you make your purchase.
How does selling to Canadian Coin & Currency work?
The first action you’ll need to take if you want to sell any eligible products to Canadian Coin & Currency is to call its customer service department. They’ll guide you through the process for sending your collection in to be appraised. This usually consists of packaging it up and sending it in to the storefront location in Toronto.
Your collection will then be assessed and you’ll get a quote based on the estimated value of the items you want to sell. You’ll also be able to bring products – such as international and Canadian gold and silver coins, paper bills, jewellery and memorabilia – into the company’s storefront location for appraisal. Just be aware that this option is only available to customers living in Toronto.
Is Canadian Coin & Currency safe?Canadian Coin & Currency is a reputable coin and currency dealer that has a solid track record for meeting its customers’ safety and security expectations. The company has been actively buying and selling precious metals, coins and banknotes since 1987 making it one of the oldest and most experienced dealers working in the industry.
It also certifies all of its products to make sure any order you place comes from a legitimate source. The only issue that’s worth flagging with the company is that its website makes no mention of shipping insurance. This means that you could be on the hook to pay for your order even if it goes missing or gets lost in transit.
Customer reviews and complaintsCanadian Coin & Currency has over 120 ratings on Google with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. It also has an A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Many customers praise the large selection of items in its online catalogue. They also appreciate the high quality of merchandise and the fair prices on offer.
That said, there are a few customers who have also left complaints online about the level of customer service, but this seems to be the exception to the rule.
Pros and cons
- Easy to purchase. You can order from the product catalogue quickly and easily, and make same-day payments using multiple forms of payment.
- Certified products. The Canadian coins and currency you purchase will come directly from the Royal Canadian Mint and other reputable suppliers.
- Fair and transparent pricing. Many customers have praised the company’s prices, which are all outlined in the product catalogue.
- Large selection. You can choose from thousands of products in one easy and convenient online location.
- Collector credits. You’ll get special discounts and store credits for being a loyal or repeat customer, which you can then redeem for future purchases.
- Vault membership. Customers can earn a number of rewards and special discounts for spending over $1,000 per year with Canadian Coin and Currency.
- Refunds are allowed. You can apply for a full refund or store credit within 15 days of receiving your order if you’re not satisfied with it for some reason.
- Caters to US customers. You don’t need to be living in Canada to purchase international or Canadian coins and currencies from this dealer.
- Dedicated customer service. An expert will be available to answer any questions you might have about company processes or items that you’re interested in.
- No mention of insurance. There’s no mention of shipping insurance on the company website, which means your order may not be protected while it’s in transit.
- Shipping costs. You’ll have to pay an additional shipping fee for every order you make which can cost you up to $22 depending on the shipping method you choose.
- Computer-based. You’ll need to be somewhat computer literate to navigate the purchasing process since it’s mostly carried out online.
- Only one store location. You won’t be able to pick your order up in person unless you live in Toronto.
How do I contact Canadian Coin & Currency support?
You can contact Canadian Coin & Currency by calling its customer service line. You can also send an email through its dedicated business account. If you live in Toronto, you may also be able to schedule an appointment at Canadian Coin & Currency‘s storefront location to speak to an agent in person.