BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard Review
Earn AIR MILES on everyday purchases and get to your next destination faster and cheaper.Earn a bonus of up to 2,000 AIR MILES. Terms apply. Plus, get the annual fee of $120 waived in the first year.
Purchase Interest Rate
$0 annual fee for the first year ($120 thereafter)
|Product Name||BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard|
|Reward||Get 1 AIR MILE for every $10 spent on eligible purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Earn a bonus of up to 2,000 AIR MILES. Terms apply. Plus, get the annual fee of $120 waived in the first year.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- Think about this card if you collect AIR MILES and want comprehensive insurance.
- Choose something else if you’d rather have a low interest rate or don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Your minimum annual income needs to be $80,000, or you should have a household income of $150,000.
Dreaming of your next big vacation? If you’re a frequent flyer and a loyal AIR MILES member, then the BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard could be just the ticket.
- Earn AIR MILES. Get 1 AIR MILE for every $10 spent on eligible purchases.
- Flexible redemption. Cash your miles in for travel, merchandise or cash back rewards.
- Earn 2x the rewards. Earn miles twice at AIR MILES partners when you show your membership card.
- Welcome bonus. Earn a bonus of up to 2,000 AIR MILES. Terms apply. Plus, get the annual fee of $120 waived in the first year.
- Purchase protection. Protect the items you buy on your card with extended warranty and insurance coverage.
- Travel insurance. Get travel and medical protection with emergency medical protection and other travel insurance including trip cancellation/interruption.
- Airport lounge access. Take advantage of limited complimentary lounge passes with Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey.
- Car rental benefits. Get up to a 25% discount at National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car locations with complimentary Collision Damage Waiver benefits (MSRP of up to $65,000).
- Digital services perks. Get benefits and offers for digital everyday services from a variety of on-demand apps and subscription services.
- Access WiFi worldwide. Access over 1 million WiFi hotspots around the world at no added cost, with no added fees or roaming charges.
- Mastercard rewards. Unlock Mastercard Travel Rewards cashback offers when you travel and shop outside of Canada.
- Travel perks. Get a 15% discount on all AIR MILES flights in North America with no blackout periods. Enjoy a free membership in Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey with exclusive VIP access, plus get two annual complimentary passes. Cardholders can also access free Trip Assistance Services for travel-related information and advice.
- Fraud proof. You won’t have to pay if there are fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability coverage and extra online security.
- Optional benefits. Pay an additional fee to get roadside assistance, balance protection or credit card alerts added on.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $120. Get the annual fee of $120 waived in the first year.
- Fee for additional cards. There’s a $50 fee for extra cards.
- Income requirements. The minimum income to qualify for this card is $80,000.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to the BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard is designed for AIR MILES members who want to collect more miles on purchases. This card comes with a welcome offer, travel medical insurance and other perks like airport lounge access and flight discounts.