BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard Review
Earn AIR MILES on everyday purchases and get to your next destination faster and cheaper.
The BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard offers 1 Mile for every $10 you spend on everyday purchases. It also comes with a very generous welcome bonus and a good mix of travel benefits.
Purchase Interest Rate
$0 annual fee for the first year ($120 thereafter)
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard|
|Reward||Earn 1 mile per $10 spend in purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Get up to 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles with minimum spend of $3,000 in the first three months, plus a first year annual fee waiver. Ends January 15, 2020.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- Think about this card if you collect AIR MILES and want comprehensive insurance.
- Choose something else if you’d rather have a low interest rate or don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Your minimum annual income needs to be $80,000, or you should have a household income of $150,000.
Dreaming of your next big vacation? If you’re a frequent flyer and a loyal AIR MILES member, then the BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard could be just the ticket.
- Decent return. Earn 1 mile for every $10 you spend on everyday purchases (or 100 miles for every $1,000 you spend).
- Flexible redemption. Cash your miles in for travel, merchandise or cashback rewards.
- Earn 2x the rewards. Earn miles twice at AIR MILES partners when you show your membership card.
- Welcome bonus. Get a welcome bonus equivalent to two short-haul flights across Canada or the US.
- Purchase protection. Protect the items you buy on your card with extended warranty and insurance coverage.
- Travel insurance. Get travel and medical protection with 15 days of emergency medical protection and other travel benefits (like trip cancellation/interruption).
- Airport lounge access. Take advantage of limited complimentary lounge passes with Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey.
- Flight discounts. Save 15% on flights booked with AIR MILES in North America, with no blackout periods.
- Fraud proof. You won’t have to pay if there are fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability coverage and extra online security.
- Optional benefits. Pay an additional fee to get roadside assistance, balance protection or credit card alerts added on.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The fee for this card is over $120 per year, but it can be waived in the first year.
- Conditional welcome bonus. You’ll only receive 3,000 of your miles after you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months.
- High interest. Interest rates are about 8-12% higher than the rates you might find on a low-interest card.
- Fee for additional cards. There’s an added fee for extra cards.
- Income requirements. The minimum income to qualify for this card is $80,000.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to the BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard is designed for AIR MILES members who want to collect more miles on purchases. This card comes with a welcome offer, travel medical insurance and other perks like airport lounge access and flight discounts.