BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard Review
- Welcome Offer
- 1,000 Miles
- 1 Mile per $20 spent
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
The BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard is a travel card that will let you earn Air Miles on every dollar you spend. Earn 1 Air Mile for every $20 spent on eligible purchases. Plus, get 1.25 Miles for every $20 you spend at participating Shell stations. This card also comes with a welcome bonus and purchase protection.
Best for: Those who want to earn Air Miles on everyday purchases and pay no annual fee.
Earn a welcome bonus up to 1,000 Miles
Earn up to 1 Miles per $1 spent
No annual fee
You may need to prove that you own a business in Canada
No travel insurance
Whether you travel regularly for business or pleasure, you could get to your next destination faster with the BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard.
- $0 annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $0.
- Welcome bonus. Get up to 1,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles. That's over $100 towards your purchases with AIR MILES Cash.
- Purchase insurance. Protect the items you buy on your card against damage or loss with purchase protection and extended warranty coverage.
- Accepted at Costco. Use this card to make purchases at Costco locations across Canada.
- Fraud proof. Protect your business against employee card abuse with BMO’s Liability Waiver program.
- 24/7 support. Talk to customer service at any time of day to troubleshoot issues you might have with your card.
- Enhanced security. Use your Mastercard SecureCode to protect your purchases online.
- Free additional cards. The annual fee for additional cards is $0.
How many rewards can I earn with the BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard?
Earn 1 Air Mile for every $20 spent on eligible purchases. Plus, get 1.25 Miles for every $20 you spend at participating Shell stations. Earn double the miles when you shop with Air Miles partners.
What to watch out for
Low return. You’ll only earn around 50 Air Miles for every $1,000 you spend (which means you’ll have to spend at least $20,000 to get one short-haul return flight in Canada).
- No travel insurance. You won’t get travel medical or other forms of travel insurance as part of your benefits with this card.
BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard interest rates
|Purchase interest rate
|Cash advance rate
|Standard balance transfer rate
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Own a business in Canada
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply for the BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard
- Click the green “go to site” button above to be securely redirected to the BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, Social Insurance Number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
I got the card, now what?
When you receive your card in the mail, you’ll need to activate it and set up your PIN. From there, you can swipe it at the till to pay for purchases or use it to shop online. The best way to earn the most Air Miles possible is to shop with partner companies.
How do I redeem Air Miles from the BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard?
You’ll be able to redeem your Air Miles through your frequent flyer account, which will be linked to your credit card. If you signed up to earn Air Miles Cash rewards, you can use your Air Miles in-store and online to help pay for everyday purchases with Air Miles partners. If you signed up to earn Dream miles, you can use them to pay for rewards such as travel and merchandise through the Air Miles website.
The BMO Air Miles No-Fee Business Mastercard is a good fit for Air Miles members who want to collect more miles but would prefer to pay a $0 annual fee. This card comes with a welcome offer and basic insurance (like purchase protection and extended warranty). Just be aware that you won’t get travel insurance with this card, and it has a low earn rate so it can take a while to collect a significant amount of rewards.