Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
TD US Dollar Visa Card Review
Pay with US dollars and save on foreign currency conversion fees with a TD U.S. Dollar Visa* Card.
- Get this card if you want to make purchases or pay bills in US dollars.
- Choose something else if you want a low interest rate or balance transfer perks.
- You must be a Canadian resident and not live in the US to qualify for this card.
Do you shop in the US or make online purchases at US-based retailers? If so, the TD US Dollar Visa Card might be your ticket to lower fees. The card is designed for Canadians who frequently transact in US dollars. With a low annual fee, it can help you save hundreds of dollars each year on foreign currency conversion rates. But don’t expect to save on interest rates as the TD U.S. Dollar Visa Card comes with interest rates of 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances.
The TD US Dollar Visa Card has several advanced features that make shopping south of the border even easier. You can set your card up for Visa Checkout, which allows you to make online purchases in just a few clicks. You can also connect your card to Apple Pay, which allows you to make contactless payments at shops, restaurants, and other retailers.
- No foreign currency conversion fees. Avoid paying credit card foreign currency conversion rates and fees when making purchases or paying bills in US Dollars.
- Optional insurance coverage. For a small fee on your balance, the TD US Dollar Visa Card offers protection against trip interruption, travel accidents, and lost baggage.
- Save on car rentals.. The TD US Dollar Visa Card is your ticket to 10% off Avis car rentals.
- Apple Pay. By connecting your card to Apple Pay, you can make secure purchases in stores, apps and on the web through your Apple device.
- No extra card fee. Add authorized users to your TD US Dollar Visa Card at no extra charge.
- Opportunity for high credit limit. The minimum credit limit for the TD US Dollar Visa Card is US$1,000, which is higher than other introductory cards.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. In addition to interest payments, this card comes with an annual fee of US$39.
- High interest rates. As mentioned earlier, don’t expect to save on interest charges with a TD US Dollar Visa Card. You will pay 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances.
- No rewards. You don’t get points or cashback when you use this card.
What do other customers say?
The TD US Dollar Visa Card appeals to Canadian residents who frequent the US, get paid in US dollars or spend money at retailers that only accept US dollars. For this demographic, it’s much easier to pay in US dollars rather than deal with costly conversion fees, which are likely to add up more than the US$39 annual fee.
What should I know before I apply
The TD US Dollar Visa Card is a standard credit card with one major difference: It lets you transact entirely in US dollars without having to worry about costly conversion fees. Canadian residents who frequent the US or regularly use US dollars will find this credit card very convenient when doing business south of the border.
Frequently asked questions about the TD US Dollar Visa Card
Picture : td.com/ca
More guides on Finder
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points for business purchases and enjoy a suite of travel benefits with this premium travel card.
Compare TD Aeroplan Visa cards
Compare TD’s suite of Aeroplan Visa cards to get the best card for your unique set of needs and lifestyle.
TD Rewards Visa Card Review
Are you looking for credit card rewards with no annual fee? See what the TD Bank Rewards Visa card has to offer.
TD Platinum Travel Visa Card Review
Get reward points, travel insurance, airport lounge access and more with the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card Review
Get cash back, travel insurance and more with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa Infinite Card.
TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card Review
Apply today to save money with a low variable annual interest rate based on your credit score.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card review
Earn more Aeroplan points on every dollar with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card.
TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points and other travel benefits with the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Card Review
Looking for a no-fee card? Save money and get cash back on everyday purchases with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa* Card.