- Consider getting this card if you travel frequently and want comprehensive insurance coverage and the ability to earn reward points on all purchases.
- Choose something else if you don’t want to pay an annual fee of $89.
- You must be a Canadian resident and the age of majority in your province. There is no minimum income requirement for this card.
If you’re a travel enthusiast and want a travel card with a boosted rewards program, then the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card could be the right choice for you. This card saves you money for your next trip and lets you use your travel points on all your daily purchases.
This card has no minimum annual income requirement to apply and that makes it an extremely accessible card for everyone.
- Welcome bonus. Earn up to 50,000 TD Rewards Points (a travel value of $400). Plus, get the first year annual fee waived. Conditions Apply. Apply by September 3, 2024.
- Earn reward points. Earn 6 TD Rewards Points per $1 spent on travel booked online through Expedia for TD, earn 4.5 TD Rewards Points per $1 spent on eligible grocery purchases, 3 TD Rewards Points per $1 spent on regularly recurring bill payments, and earn 1.5 TD Rewards Points for every $1 you spend on all other eligible purchases.
- Flexible rewards. TD Rewards Points never expire and can be redeemed for travel discounts, gift cards, merchandise or as a statement of credit.
- Airport lounge access. Get easy access to 1,200 VIP airport lounges globally with an annual discount on your Priority Pass membership.
- Travel insurance coverage. Get a comprehensive travel insurance package including up to $500 coverage for delayed flights and up to $1,000 coverage per person for delayed and lost baggage.
- Common carrier insurance. Get up to $500,000 Commom Carrier Travel Accident Insurance on accident-insured losses while traveling on common transport like buses, planes, ferries and trains.
- Purchase security. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage for your latest purchases in case they’re stolen or damaged.
- Rental car excess coverage. Get a minimum 10% discount in Canada and the US, and a minimum 5% discount internationally with Avis, Budget and other participating car rental agencies.
- Fraud protection. Visa’s Zero Liability insurance offers protection in case of illegal, unauthorized or fraudulent activities detected on your account.
- Cardless payments. You can save time by checking out with Visa payWave technology on Google Pay for Android and Apple Pay for iOS users.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. The annual fee is $89 – but the fee is waived in the first year.
- High interest rate. You will be charged 20.99% interest on outstanding purchase balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- Additional card fee. Additional cards cost $35 each.
- Medical insurance. You won’t be covered for any medical emergencies with this card.
TD Platinum Travel Visa Card interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||20.99%|
|Cash advance rate||22.99%|
|Standard balance transfer rate||22.99%|
What should I know before I apply?
The TD Platinum Travel Visa Card offers a welcome bonus, the ability to earn reward points on all purchases and comprehensive travel insurance. The card comes with seven different insurance coverages such as common carrier insurance, car rental insurance, purchase security insurance, lost baggage insurance and fraud protection, with other extra benefits. This card is not for you if you don’t want to pay an annual fee of $89 or don’t travel frequently.
Frequently asked questions about the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card
Picture : td.com/ca
More guides on Finder
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points for business purchases and enjoy a suite of travel benefits with this premium travel card.
TD Rewards Visa Card Review
Are you looking for credit card rewards with no annual fee? See what the TD Bank Rewards Visa card has to offer.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card Review
Get cash back, travel insurance and more with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa Infinite Card.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card review
Earn more Aeroplan points on every dollar with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card.
TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points and other travel benefits with the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Card Review
Looking for a no-fee card? Save money and get cash back on everyday purchases with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa* Card.
TD US Dollar Visa Card Review
Avoid foreign currency conversion fees when you shop in the US with the TD Bank U.S. Dollar Visa Card.
TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Review
Get points, travel insurance and more with the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite card.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Review
Get Aeroplan points, travel benefits and comprehensive insurance with this premium Aeroplan card.