TD Platinum Travel Visa Card Review
Earn TD Rewards Points with every purchase and get travel perks including Priority Pass Membership discount with the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card.
The TD Platinum Travel Visa Card offers 5 TD Rewards Points for every $1 you spend in online travel purchases through ExpediaForTD.com, plus 3 points per $1 spent on groceries and monthly recurring bills.
Purchase Interest Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||TD Platinum Travel Visa Card|
|Reward||Earn 5 TD Points per $1 in travel booked online through Expedia for TD, 3/$1 in grocery purchases and regularly recurring bill payments and 2/$1 on all other purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Earn up to 30,000 TD Rewards Points (travel value of $150), including a 25,000 welcome bonus when you make your first purchase with your card. Earn 5X the TD Rewards Points on all purchases up to a maximum of 5,000 TD Rewards Points per month, for each of the first three months. Apply online by March 2, 2020.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$1,000|
|Go to site|
- Consider getting this card if you travel frequently and want comprehensive insurance coverage and the ability to earn reward points on all purchases.
- Choose something else if you don’t want to pay an annual fee of $89.
- You must be a Canadian resident and the age of majority in your province. There is no minimum income requirement for this card.
If you’re a travel enthusiast and want a travel card with a boosted rewards program, then the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card could be the right choice for you. This card saves you money for your next trip and lets you use your travel points on all your daily purchases.
This card has no minimum annual income requirement to apply and that makes it an extremely accessible card for everyone.
- Welcome bonus. Enjoy a welcome bonus up to 30,000 TD Rewards Points equivalent to $150 of travel value when you apply online by March 2, 2020.
- Earn reward points. Earn 5 TD Rewards Points for every dollar spent on travel booked through ExpediaForTD.com, 3 TD Rewards Points for every dollar spent on groceries, monthly recurring bills and other pre-authorised payments. You can also earn 2 TD Rewards Points for every dollar you spend on all your other purchases.
- Flexible rewards. TD Rewards Points never expire and can be redeemed for travel discounts, gift cards, merchandise or as a statement of credit.
- Airport lounge access. Get easy access to 1,200 VIP airport lounges globally with an annual discount on your Priority Pass membership.
- Travel insurance coverage. Get a comprehensive travel insurance package including up to $500 coverage for delayed flights and up to $1,000 coverage per person for delayed and lost baggage.
- Common carrier insurance. Get up to $500,000 Commom Carrier Travel Accident Insurance on accident-insured losses while traveling on common transport like buses, planes, ferries and trains.
- Purchase security. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage for your latest purchases in case they’re stolen or damaged.
- Rental car excess coverage. Get a minimum 10% discount in Canada and the US, and a minimum 5% discount internationally with Avis, Budget and other participating car rental agencies.
- Fraud protection. Visa’s Zero Liability insurance offers protection in case of illegal, unauthorized or fraudulent activities detected on your account.
- Cardless payments. You can save time by checking out with Visa payWave technology on Google Pay for Android and Apple Pay for iOS users.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. The annual fee is $89, but the fee can be fully waived in the first year for primary cardholders who apply by 3 September 2019.
- High interest rate. You will be charged 19.99% interest on outstanding purchase balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- Additional card fee. Additional cards cost $35 each.
- Medical insurance. You won’t be covered for any medical emergencies with this card.
What should I know before I apply?
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page and be securely directed to the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and date of birth.
- Review and submit your application.
The TD Platinum Travel Visa Card offers a welcome bonus, the ability to earn reward points on all purchases and comprehensive travel insurance. The card comes with seven different insurance coverages such as common carrier insurance, car rental insurance, purchase security insurance, lost baggage insurance and fraud protection, with other extra benefits. This card is not for you if you don’t want to pay an annual fee of $89 or don’t travel frequently.
Frequently asked questions about the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card
Picture : td.com/ca