TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card Review
Save money with a low variable annual interest rate based on your credit score.
The TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa is a no-rewards card that allows you to pay low interest rates on outstanding balances and cash advances.
TD Prime¹ + 4.5% up to TD Prime + 12.75%
Purchase Interest Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card|
|Reward||Enjoy a full annual fee rebate for the primary cardholder for the first year. Conditions apply. Apply online by March 2, 2020.|
|Welcome Offer||Enjoy a full annual fee rebate for the primary cardholder for the first year. Conditions apply. Apply online by March 2, 2020.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||TD Prime¹ + 4.5% up to TD Prime + 12.75%|
|Cash Advance Rate||TD Prime¹ + 4.5% up to TD Prime + 12.75%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||21 days on all new purchases|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$1,000|
|Go to site|
- Get this card if you have a good credit score and want a low interest rate on eligible purchases.
- Choose something else if you’d rather get rewards or want more benefits.
- This card does not have minimum annual income requirements.
If you have a decent credit score and you want to get a low interest rate on your purchases, then this card could be a good fit for you. It comes with a low annual fee of $25 and optional travel benefits.
Interest rates will vary based on your credit score and can fall anywhere between 8.45% and 16.7%. TD uses its own prime rate (3.95%) to figure out the rate you’ll receive. The equation it uses to do that will be TD Prime¹ + 4.5% up to TD Prime + 12.75%.
If you have good credit, you’ll likely end up paying around 8–13%. For anything over that amount, you’re better off looking into a different low interest card.
- Product coverage. Get extended warranty and purchase protection for products you buy with your card.
- Car rental discounts. Up to 10% rental discount at participating Avis and Budget locations in Canada and the US and 5% discount overseas.
- Contactless payments. Simply tap for quick payments on the go with Apple Pay or Visa payWave (for Android).
- Online security. Use Verified by Visa to protect your purchases when you shop online.
- Zero-liability coverage. Rest easy knowing you won’t have to pay for fraudulent activity on your account (and get fraud alerts to stay up to date on questionable transactions).
- Easy to qualify. You can apply easily with no annual income requirements.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. Pay $25 per year to keep your account in good standing.
- No rewards or cash back. The low interest rate replaces a rewards or cash back return as the main incentive.
- Pay for extras. You’ll have to pay extra to add on benefits like travel medical insurance and trip cancellation and interruption incurance.
- Based on credit score. This card is probably not the best option if you have a bad credit score, as you’ll likely pay an interest rate around 15–17%.
What should I know before you apply?
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to your TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and date of birth.
- Review and submit your application.
The TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card is a no-frills card that will give you a low interest rate based on your credit score. It costs $25 per year and comes with optional benefits like travel insurance and roadside assistance (which you can add on for a fee).
Frequently asked questions about the TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card
Picture : td.com/ca