TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card Review
Take advantage of a welcome bonus, return on reward points and a suite of travel benefits
The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card offers 3 TD Points for every dollar you spend on all purchases, along with 9 points return on travel purchases made with Expedia for TD.
Purchase Interest Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card|
|Reward||Earn 9 TD Points per $1 in travel booked online through Expedia for TD, and 3 points/$1 spent elsewhere.|
|Welcome Offer||Earn up to 80,000 TD Rewards Points, including a 20,000 welcome bonus when you make your first purchase with your card. Earn 5X the TD Rewards Points on all purchases up to a maximum of 20,000 TD Rewards Points per month, for each of the first three months. Plus, first year no annual fee for the primary cardholder. Apply online by March 2, 2020.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$5,000|
|Go to site|
- Think about this card if you want a full insurance package and a return on points for all purchases.
- Choose something else if you’d rather get cash back or you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Your minimum annual income needs to be $60,000, or you should have a household income of $100,000.
If you travel often and want a card that gives you a return on points for all purchases (not just gas and groceries), then the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card could be for you.
- High return. Get 3 TD points per dollar on all purchases, and up to 9 TD points on purchases made through Expedia for TD.
- Flexible points. Use points on travel, merchandise, gift cards or a cash credit to your account.
- Limited time welcome offer. Get a welcome bonus worth up to $400 in travel value (80,000 TD points) when you sign up by March 2, 2020 and book via Expedia.
- Purchase protection. With Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Insurance, new item purchases is covered against loss or damage up to 90 days
from date of purchase as well as extended warranty up to 12 months.
- Car rental coverage. Get covered up to 48 successive days with Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance. As a cardholder, you get up to 10% discount at participating Avis and Budget car rental locations.
- Airport lounge discounts. Lock in discounts on Priority Pass membership for access to 1,200 VIP airport lounges worldwide.
- Travel insurance. Here’s an outline of the comprehensive travel insurance benefits you get with TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card:
|Travel Medical Insurance||Up to $1,000,000 for the first 21 days|
|Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance||Up to $500,000|
|Trip Interruption Insurance||Up to $5,000 per insured person (up to a maximum of $25,000 for all insured persons)|
|Trip Cancellation Insurance||Up to $1,500 per insured person (up to a maximum of $5,000 for all insured persons)|
|Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance||Up to $1,000 per insured person (beyond 6 hrs delay or totally lost)|
- Contactless payments. Tap to pay if you have Apple Pay or Visa payWave (for Android).
- Fraud proof. You won’t have to pay if there are fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability coverage.
- Special offers. Take advantage of exclusive offers on dining and entertainment for Visa Infinite cardholders.
- Optional benefits. Pay more to get roadside assistance and balance protection insurance.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The fee for this card is $120 per year, but it can be waived in the first year. T&C’s apply.
- High interest. You’ll have to pay at least 19.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- Low-value rewards. You’ll only get around $60 return for every $12,000 you spend.
- Fee for additional cards. Extra cards will cost you $50 a pop.
- Minimum credit limit. Your card limit has to be over $5,000, which isn’t ideal for people who don’t want to spend much.
- Income requirements. There’s a minimum personal income requirement of $60,000 to qualify.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the TD bank website, select the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card and click Apply online to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card offers a return on rewards and comprehensive travel insurance. The card also comes with a welcome offer and extra benefits, including car rental insurance, common carrier insurance, extended warranty coverage and fraud protection. You should avoid this card if you don’t want to pay an annual fee or are unable to meet the minimum income requirement ($60,000 and up).