TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Review
Earn Aeroplan Miles on everyday purchases and get where you need to go faster and cheaper.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card offers 1.5 Aeroplan miles for every dollar you spend on gas, grocery and drug stores including Air Canada purchases, along with 1 mile for all other purchases.
Purchase Interest Rate
- Think about this card if you collect Aeroplan miles and want comprehensive travel benefits.
- Choose something else if you’d rather get cash back or don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Your minimum annual income needs to be $60,000, or you should have a household income of $100,000.
If you’re a frequent flyer and have an Aeroplan membership, then the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card could be the right fit for you.
- Earn Aeroplan Miles. Earn 1.5 miles for every $1 spent on eligible grocery, gas, drugstore and aircanada.com purchases, and earn 1 mile for every $1 spent elsewhere. T&C's apply.
- Earn 2x the rewards. Earn points twice by showing your Aeroplan membership card when you pay with your card.
- Welcome offer. Earn 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you make your first purchase with your card. Plus, pay no annual fee the first year for the primary and 1st additional cardholder. Conditions Apply. Apply online by September 8, 2020.
- Purchase protection. With Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Insurance, new item purchases is covered against loss or damage up to 90 days
from date of purchase as well as extended warranty up to 12 months.
- Travel insurance. Here’s an outline of the comprehensive travel insurance benefits you get with TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card:
|Travel Medical Insurance||Up to $1,000,000 for the first 21 days|
|Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance||Up to $500,000|
|Trip Interruption Insurance||Up to $5,000 per insured person (up to a maximum of $25,000 for all insured persons)|
|Trip Cancellation Insurance||Up to $1,500 per insured person (up to a maximum of $5,000 for all insured persons)|
|Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance||Up to $1,000 per insured person (beyond 6 hrs delay or totally lost)|
|Flight Delay Insurance||Up to $500 per insured person (beyond 4 hrs delay)|
|Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance||Up to 48 successive days|
- Car rental perks. Get up to 10% discount at participating Avis and Budget car rental locations.
- Air Canada benefits. Get special treatment when you use your Aeroplan miles to book flights with Air Canada (including free baggage, priority check-in and lounge access).
- Contactless payments. Make quick and easy payments with Apple Pay and Visa payWave (for Android).
- TD Fraud Alerts. Receive instant alerts on your mobile phone on suspicious transactions made on your card.
- Visa Infinite benefits. Get exclusive benefits on hotels and dining including complimentary concierge services with Visa Infinite.
- Optional benefits. Pay more to get balance protection insurance in case you need help paying down your card after an accident.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The fee for this card is $120 per year, but it can be waived in the first year.
- High interest. You’ll have to pay at least 19.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- Fee for additional cards. There’s a fee of $50 for additional cardholders.
- Income requirements. The minimum personal income to qualify for this card is $60,000 or a $100,000 annual household income.
What should I know before I apply
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card is designed for Aeroplan members who want to earn more miles on purchases. The card comes with a welcome offer, comprehensive travel insurance and a nice spread of travel perks, including car rental coverage, common carrier insurance, Air Canada benefits and more.