Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card review
Earn a high number of points and get a full suite of travel benefits and perks with this all-inclusive Aeroplan card.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card is a high-end card that lets you earn between 1.25 and 2 points for every dollar you spend. In addition to a long list of travel perks, you’ll also get a generous welcome bonus and comprehensive travel insurance when you sign up. The major sticking point of this card is that you’ll have to pay a high annual fee to keep your card active.
- Think about this card if you collect Aeroplan points and travel extensively.
- Choose something else if you’d rather get cashback or you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- You’ll need a minimum annual household income of $200,000 to qualify for this card.
If you spend more time in the air than you do on the ground, then the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card could be the right fit for you.
- Accelerated points. Earn 2 points per dollar on Air Canada purchases plus 1.5 points per dollar on gas, groceries, travel and dining.
- Welcome bonus. Earn up to 105,000 Aeroplan points (get up to a total value of $2,800). Conditions Apply. Apply by January 3, 2023.
- Earn more rewards. Earn even more points when you use your credit card to pay with Aeroplan partners or when you purchase items through Aeroplan’s eStore.
- Air Canada travel benefits. Get VIP treatment when you fly Air Canada, with exclusive access to priority boarding, baggage handling, airport upgrades and airport standby.
- Special travel perks. Enjoy travel perks such as NEXUS rebates, lounge access and VIP services (such as skipping the security line) at select Canadian airports.
- Basic insurance. Take advantage of extended warranty and purchase protection on the products you buy with your card.
- Mobile device insurance. Get reimbursed for a new mobile phone if your old one gets lost, stolen or damaged in the period that you qualify for coverage.
- Travel insurance. Get multiple forms of travel insurance including travel medical, trip interruption/cancellation, baggage/flight delay and hotel burglary insurance.
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege benefits
|Insurance type||Level of coverage|
Up to $5 million for 31 days if you're under 65 years old, and 4 days if you're 65 or older
Up to $2,500 per passenger (or $5,000 for all insured combined)
Up to $5,000 per passenger per incident (or $25,000 for all insured combined)
Up to $1,000 if your flight is delayed more than 4 hours
Baggage delay or loss
Up to $1,000 if your baggage is delayed for more than 4 hours, and up to $2,500 if it gets lost or stolen
Up to $2,500 per trip for all insured passengers combined
- Common carrier insurance. Get up to $500,000 of coverage for trips on buses, ferries and trains.
- Car rental coverage. Enjoy up to 48 consecutive days of car rental insurance when you pay with your card, and get special discounts with Avis and Budget.
- Fraud protection. Protect your online payments with Visa Secure and know instantly if there’s suspicious activity on your account with fraud alerts.
- Cash advances. Get access to an emergency cash advance worth up to $5,000 for your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card (subject to your available credit limit).
- Special offers. Receive exclusive benefits on hotels and dining with Visa Infinite.
- Optional insurance. Pay more to get optional coverage for balance protection and roadside assistance.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The fee for this card is $599 per year, and you won’t be able to get your annual fee waived in your first year.
- High interest. You’ll be charged 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- Fee for additional cards. You’ll have to pay $199 for every extra card you add to your account.
- High annual income requirements. You have to make a household income of $200,000 to qualify for this card.
- High minimum credit limit. You need to keep a minimum credit limit of at least $10,000, which can cause problems if you don’t pay down your balance.
What you should know before you apply
To apply for a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Have a minimum household income of $200,000
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Visit TD’s main page to be directed to the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, Social Insurance Number and date of birth.
- Review and submit your application.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card is designed for frequent flyers looking to max out their return on Aeroplan points. This card comes with a generous welcome offer, comprehensive travel insurance and a full suite of travel perks. The downside is that the annual fee is much higher than many other Visa Infinite cards.
Frequently asked questions about the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege
Picture : td.com/ca
More guides on Finder
TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points for business purchases and enjoy a suite of travel benefits with this premium travel card.
Compare TD Aeroplan Visa cards
Compare TD’s suite of Aeroplan Visa cards to get the best card for your unique set of needs and lifestyle.
TD Rewards Visa Card Review
Are you looking for credit card rewards with no annual fee? See what the TD Bank Rewards Visa card has to offer.
TD Platinum Travel Visa Card Review
Get reward points, travel insurance, airport lounge access and more with the TD Platinum Travel Visa Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card Review
Get cash back, travel insurance and more with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa Infinite Card.
TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa Card Review
Apply today to save money with a low variable annual interest rate based on your credit score.
TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card Review
Earn Aeroplan points and other travel benefits with the TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card.
TD Cash Back Visa Card Review
Looking for a no-fee card? Save money and get cash back on everyday purchases with the TD Bank Cash Back Visa* Card.
TD US Dollar Visa Card Review
Avoid foreign currency conversion fees when you shop in the US with the TD Bank U.S. Dollar Visa Card.