Scotiabank Platinum American Express Card review
- Welcome Offer
- 60,000 points
- Up to 2 points per $1 spent
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
- Get this card if you want the chance to earn quadruple the Scene+ points on daily purchases.
- Choose something else if you’re not a frequent traveler or would rather not pay an annual fee.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $12,000.
If you enjoy luxury travel at a fraction of the cost and you’re looking for a top-rated travel rewards card with all the bells and whistles, then the Scotiabank Platinum American Express Card might be just the ticket.Earn 2 Scene+ points for every $1 you spend on all your eligible purchases. Get up to 60,000 bonus Scene+ points in the first 14 months. Apply by October 31, 2024.
Beyond travel rewardsIf you’re not planning to travel in the near future but you want to redeem your rewards, you can choose from a wide selection of merchandise and gifts offered by Scene+.
- No blackout dates. Redeem your Scene+ for travel anytime, anywhere, with no travel restrictions.
- Exclusive benefits. Access complimentary concierge services and other travel services.
- Airport Lounge Access. Enjoy Priority Pass membership plus 10 free visits to over 1200+ VIP airport lounges worldwide.
- Hertz #1 Club Gold Member. Enjoy special privileges and benefits at over 8,500 Hertz car rental locations across 147 countries.
- Price Protection Service. File a claim if your recent purchase drops in price within 60 days and receive the price difference up to $100 per item and $500 per calendar year.
- Purchase insurance. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage to cover theft, loss or damage on most items purchased with your card (for 90 days from purchase date).
- Travel insurance. Take advantage of comprehensive travel insurance to cover car rental theft or collision, flight cancellations/interruptions, baggage delays or lost luggage, hotel burglaries and other incidentals. This comes on top of Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and Travel Accident Insurance coverage.
- World class service. Contact customer service 24/7 to report issues with your account and troubleshoot problems by speaking directly to an agent.
American Express benefitsAmerican Express offers cardholders front-of-the-line access to in-demand music, sports, dining, entertainment, fashion experiences and more. Get exclusive access to an array of unique experiences complete with red carpet treatment with your Platinum VIP Pass.
What to watch out for
- Not as widely accepted overseas.The Scotiabank Platinum American Express Card may not be accepted in certain location overseas.
- High annual fee. You have to pay an annual fee of $399 for the card, with each additional card costing $99.
- High minimum credit limit. The minimum credit limit is $10,000 which is higher than many other credit cards.
Scotiabank Platinum American Express Card interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||9.99%|
|Cash advance rate||9.99%|
|Standard balance transfer rate||9.99%|
What do other customers say?
Many customers are pleased with the rewards point earn offered by the Scotiabank Platinum American Express Card. Flexible rewards are a big draw for some cardholders. Those who travel frequently are happy to take full of advantage of perks like free airport lounge access, comprehensive travel insurance and Platinum VIP status. However, some customers prefer to opt for a fee-free or low-fee card instead of shelling out the $399 annual fee for the Scotiabank Platinum American Express Card.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Go to the Scotiabank website to start filling out the online application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotiabank Platinum American Express Card offers hard-to-beat travel rewards points on eligible purchases. The card provides a full suite of travel and purchase insurance along with some high-end extras, including complimentary airport lounge access, exclusive access to in-demand dining and entertainment experiences and much more. If you’re looking for a comprehensive travel card and don’t mind paying the annual fee, then this card might be right up your alley.
Scotiabank Platinum American Express Card FAQs