- Get this card if you want the chance to earn double the Scotia Rewards points on daily purchases.
- Choose something else if you’re not a frequent traveler or would rather not pay an annual fee.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $60,000 to qualify for this card (or a household income of $100,000).
- Signup bonus. Earn up to a total bonus of 40,000 Scotia Rewards points (up to a $400 travel value) in your first year. Earn 30,000 Bonus Scotia Rewards points when you spend at least $1,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months. Apply by July 1, 2020. Plus, earn 10,000 Bonus Scotia Rewards points each year when you spend at least $40,000 annually on eligible purchases (and earn 2,000 Bonus Scotia Rewards points for every additional $10,000 in purchases thereafter).
- Rewards points. Earn 2 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 spent on eligible grocery store, dining, entertainment and daily transit purchases, and earn 1 Scotia Rewards point for every $1 spent elsewhere.
- No FX mark-up. Avoid paying a foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside of Canada (including online).
- Best Price Guarantee on airfare. Earn points credit when you find an airfare that is at least $10 less than the airfare you’ve booked. Flights must have the exact same itinerary and be sent within 24 hours of your initial purchase.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access. Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass membership, plus six free visits per year to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world.
- Price drop protection. File a claim with the Price Protection Service if your recent purchase drops in price within 60 days and receive the price difference up to $100 per item and $500 per calendar year.
- Purchase insurance. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage to cover theft, loss or damage on most items purchased with your card (for 90 days from purchase date).
- Travel insurance. Take advantage of comprehensive travel insurance to cover car rental theft or collision, flight cancellations/interruptions, baggage delays or lost luggage, hotel burglaries and other incidentals. This comes on top of $1,000,000 in Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and $500,000 in Travel Accident Insurance.
- Save on car rentals. Get up to 25% car rental discount + complimentary upgrades for Avis Preferred Plus members at participating Avis locations in Canada and the US. Plus get Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance coverage (up to $65,000).
- World class service. Contact customer service 24/7 to report issues with your account and troubleshoot problems by speaking directly to an agent.
Visa Infinite benefits Visa Infinite is renowned for its exclusive offers on dining, entertainment and accommodation. You can tap into prestigious programs with you card, including the Visa Infinite Concierge, Luxury Hotel Collection, Dining Series and Wine Country Program.
- High annual fee. You have to pay an annual fee of $139 for the card, but your first supplementary card is free, with each additional card costing $50.
- High minimum income. You must have a minimum annual income of $60,000 or a minimum household income of $100,000 to qualify for this card.
- High minimum credit limit. The minimum credit limit is $5,000 which is higher than many other credit cards.
- Rewards are designed for travellers. While you can redeem a wide range of rewards with Scotia Rewards, the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card is designed with travellers in mind. This means many of the perks, rewards and exclusive offers are travel related. If you’re not a regular traveller, a different Scotiabank credit card might have rewards better suited to your needs.
What do other customers say?
Many customers have written favourable reviews about the travel rewards on offer from the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card. Flexible rewards are a highlight for some cardholders – who enjoy the ability to use their Scotia Rewards points interchangeably with their SCENE points. Those who travel frequently can take full advantage of the extra perks, like free airport lounge access, comprehensive travel insurance and no FX mark-up on purchases made overseas. However, some customers prefer to opt for a fee-free card instead of paying the annual fee for the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card.
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card offers top-notch travel rewards points on eligible purchases. The card provides a full suite of travel and purchase insurance along with some high-end extras, including complimentary airport lounge access, no foreign currency fees, exclusive access to in-demand dining and entertainment experiences, AVIS car rental discounts and much more. If you’re looking for a comprehensive travel card and don’t mind paying the annual fee, then this card might be right up your alley.