Earn rewards when you pay for your purchases with the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card.
WIth the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card you can earn 2 Scotia Reward points on every $1 you spend on eligible daily purchases and take advantage of 25,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases in your first 3 months.
- Get this card if you want the chance to earn double the Scotia Rewards points on daily purchases.
- Choose something else if you’re not a frequent traveler or would rather not pay an annual fee.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $60,000 to qualify for this card (or a household income of $100,000).
|Product Name||Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card|
|Reward||Earn 2 Scotia Rewards points per $1 spent on eligible purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Get 25,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points with min. spend of $1,000 in the first 3 months. Ends 31 October 2019.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$5,000|
|Go to site|
If you like to jet off to exotic destinations around the globe, take advantage of exclusive travel perks and earn points while you spend, then the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card might be just the ticket.
WIth your Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card you’ll earn 2 Scotia Rewards points on every $1 you spend on eligible daily purchases, including groceries, dining, entertainment and daily transit. For everything else, earn 1 point.
You can also unlock 10,000 more points when you spend at least $40,000 in purchases annually on your card and you may be able to qualify for an additional 25,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months.
Beyond travel rewardsIf you don’t plan to travel in the near future but you want to redeem your rewards, you can choose from a wide selection of merchandise and gifts offered by Scotia Rewards. You can also convert your points to SCENE movie points (or vice-versa) anytime you want. Remember that you must have a SCENE account to convert Scotia Rewards points to SCENE points and rate conversions do apply.
- No FX mark-up. Avoid paying a Foreign Currency Conversion mark-up on purchases made outside of Canada (including online).
- Best Price Guarantee on airfare. Earn points credit when you find an airfare that is at least $10 less than the airfare you’ve booked. Flights must have the exact same itinerary and be sent within 24 hours of your initial purchase.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access. Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass membership, plus six free visits per year to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world.
- Price drop protection. File a claim with the Price Protection Service if your recent purchase drops in price within 60 days and receive the price difference up to $100 per item and $500 per calendar year.
- Purchase insurance. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage to cover theft, loss or damage on most items purchased with your card (for 90 days from purchase date).
- Travel insurance. Take advantage of comprehensive travel insurance to cover car rental theft or collision, flight cancellations/interruptions, baggage delays or lost luggage, hotel burglaries and other incidentals. This comes on top of $1,000,000 in Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and $500,000 in Travel Accident Insurance.
- Save on car rentals. Save up to 25% off at participating AVIS car rental locations in Canada and the U.S. and enjoy free upgrades when you pay with your Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card.
- Optional coverage. Pay only $1.09 per $100 of the daily balance on your credit card account to receive a monthly benefit of 20% of your credit card balance. This balance is paid out for a range of life events including disability, job loss, strike, critical illness or loss of life.
- World class service. Contact customer service 24/7 to report issues with your account and troubleshoot problems by speaking directly to an agent.
Visa Infinite benefitsVisa Infinite is renowned for its exclusive offers on dining, entertainment and accommodation. You can tap into prestigious programs with you card, including the Visa Infinite Concierge, Luxury Hotel Collection, Dining Series and Wine Country Program.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. You have to pay an annual fee of $139 for the card, but your first supplementary card is free, with each additional card costing $50.
- High minimum income. You must have a minimum annual income of $60,000 or a minimum household income of $100,000 to qualify for this card.
- High minimum credit limit. The minimum credit limit is $5,000 which is higher than many other credit cards.
- Rewards are designed for travelers. While you can redeem a wide range of rewards with Scotia Rewards, the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card is designed with travelers in mind. This means many of the perks, rewards and exclusive offers are travel related. If you’re not a regular traveler, a different Scotiabank credit card might have rewards better suited to your needs.
What do other customers say?
Many customers have written favourable reviews about the travel rewards on offer from the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card. Flexible rewards are a highlight for some cardholders – who enjoy the ability to use their Scotia Rewards points interchangeably with their SCENE points. Those who travel frequently can take full advantage of the extra perks, like free airport lounge access, comprehensive travel insurance and no FX mark-up on purchases made overseas. However, some customers prefer to opt for a fee-free card instead of paying the annual fee for the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card offers top-notch travel rewards points on eligible purchases. The card provides a full suite of travel and purchase insurance along with some high-end extras, including complimentary airport lounge access, no foreign currency fees, exclusive access to in-demand dining and entertainment experiences, AVIS car rental discounts and much more. If you’re looking for a comprehensive travel card and don’t mind paying the annual fee, then this card might be right up your alley. And don’t forget to ask about the opportunity to earn 25,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in everyday purchases in your first 3 months.
Frequently asked questions about the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card