Get a hard-to-beat return on your everyday purchases with the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card.
Ranked as the Best Rewards Card of 2017, the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card offers 4 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend on everyday purchases. As an added bonus, you get 15,000 bonus points with your first $1,000 spend in the first months.
- Get this card if you want a top return on flexible rewards points alongside comprehensive travel insurance coverage.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a cashback program or don’t want to pay annual fee.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $12,000 to qualify for this card.
|Product Name||Scotiabank Gold American Express Card|
|Reward||Earn 4 Scotia Rewards points per $1 on the first $50,000 annual spend on eligible purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Get 15,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points with min. spend of $1,000 within the first 3 months. Ends 31 July 2019.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$5,000|
|Go to site|
If you’re an avid traveler, and want to earn reward points up to 4x faster, then the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card might be the right fit for you.
Earn 4 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 spent on the first $50,000 annually on eligible purchases, along with 15,000 bonus points when you spend a minimum of $1,000 in the first 3 months.
Use your card to book travel through Scotia Rewards Travel Service, a full-service travel agency, and redeem your points on exclusive offers on travel packages as well as take advantage on hard-to-beat complimentary travel insurance.
Beyond travel rewards
If you don’t plan to travel in the near future but you want to redeem your rewards, you can also choose from a wide selection of merchandise and gifts offered by Scotia Rewards. If you’re feeling particularly generous, you can even donate your points to charity. There’s also an option to convert your Scotia Rewards to SCENE points, and vice-versa.
- High return on points. Get 4x the reward points for every $1 spent on your first $50,000 annual spend on eligible purchases. Valid till 30 June 2019.
- Best Price Guarantee on airfare. Earn a points credit when you find an airfare that is at least $10 less than the airfare you’ve booked. Flights must have the exact same itinerary and be sent within 24 hours of your initial purchase.
- Promotional offers. Take advantage of a number of hot-ticket discounts along with special access offers for a wealth of experiences unique to American Express card holders.
- Complimentary concierge service. Call the 24/7 concierge for help booking dinner reservations, tickets for in-demand shows or any other up-and-coming events or entertainment on your itinerary.
- Save on car rentals. Book with participating AVIS and Budget car rentals in Canada and the US and save up to 25% when you pay with your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card.
- World class service. Contact customer service 24/7 to report issues with your account and troubleshoot problems by speaking directly to an agent.
Comprehensive Insurance Package
The Scotiabank Gold American Express Card also offers extended purchase and travel insurance:
- Purchase security and extended warranty insurance. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage to cover theft, loss or damage on most items purchased with your card. Covered in the first 90 days from date of purchase.
- Purchase protection. With Scotiabank’s price protection service, you will get covered for up to $100 per claim or up to $500 per year when you charge your card on eligible purchase in Canada and spot the same item with a lower price within 60 days.
- Travel insurance. Make use of a wide suite of travel insurance to cover car rentals, flight cancellations/interruptions, baggage delays or lost luggage, hotel burglaries and other incidentals. This comes on top of $1,000,000 in Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and $500,000 in travel accident insurance.
- Optional coverage. Pay only $1.09 per $100 of the daily balance on your credit card account to receive a monthly benefit of 20% of your credit card balance. This balance is paid out for a range of life events including disability, job loss, strike, critical illness or loss of life.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $99, with an additional $29 charge for supplementary cards.
- Not as widely accepted overseas. The Scotiabank Gold American Express Card may not be accepted in certain location overseas.
What do other customers say?
Many customers enjoy the flexibility of Scotia Rewards, which can be exchanged for travel, merchandise, SCENE points and more. Many cardholders are very appreciative of the 4x return per dollar on points with this card, although some would prefer to pay no annual fee in exchange for less points. Many are also pleased with the comprehensive insurance package offered through this card. One limitation of the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card is that customers can’t use American Express cards as easily overseas.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotiabank Gold American Express Card offers a full suite of perks and benefits for a $99 annual fee. This card offers 4x return on Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend on everyday purchases, along with comprehensive purchase and travel insurance. If you’re looking for a fee-free card with similar benefits, you might like to check out the Scotiabank American Express Card. If you want a more targeted travel rewards program, you can look into the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card.
Frequently asked questions about the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card