Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card Review
Get a top cashback return on your everyday purchases with Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card.
The Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card can earn a whopping 4% cash back on groceries and recurring bill payments, 2% on gas and public transit and 1% on all other eligible purchases.
Purchase Interest Rate
$0 annual fee for the first year ($120 thereafter)
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card|
|Reward||Earn 4% cash back per $1 spent on groceries & recurring bill payments, 2% per $1 spent on gas & public transit and 1% per $1 spent on all other spend.|
|Welcome Offer||First year annual fee waived for new cardholders. Ends December 30, 2019.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||20.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$5,000|
|Go to site|
- Get this card if you want an annual fee card that offers up to 4% cash back on daily purchases.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a targeted rewards program or a fee-free card.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $60,000 to qualify for this card.
If you would like to maximize your return on everyday purchases like gas and groceries then you might be interested in checking out the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card, winner of the 2018 MoneySense Award for best cashback rewards card.
- High return. Earn 4% cash back on groceries and recurring bill payments, 2% on gas and public transit and 1% on all other eligible purchases.
- Promotional offers. Access one-of-a-kind dining and entertainment exclusives for Visa Infinite card holders.
- Shopping coverage. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage on products purchased with your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card.
- Travel insurance. Make use of a wide suite of travel insurance to cover lost or stolen luggage, car rental and theft, flight delays, baggage delays and many other incidentals. This comes on top of $500,000 Travel Accident Insurance.
- Quick pay. Tap your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card or your smartphone for quick easy payments Visa payWave. You can also make secure payments through Apple Pay.
- Recurring payments. Get 2% cash back on regular payments including subscriptions, internet and cell phone bills, car insurance, gym memberships and other payments.
- Save on car rentals. Book with AVIS and Budget car rental locations in Canada and the U.S. and save up to 25% when you pay with your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card.
- World class service. Contact customer service 24/7 to report issues with your account and troubleshoot problems by speaking directly to an agent.
Comprehensive Insurance Package
The Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card also offers extended purchase and travel insurance:
- Purchase security and extended warranty insurance. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage to cover theft, loss or damage on most items purchased with your card. Covered in the first 90 days from date of purchase.
- Travel insurance. Make use of a wide suite of travel insurance to cover car rentals, flight cancellations/interruptions, baggage delays or lost luggage and other incidentals. This comes on top of $1 million in Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and $500,000 in travel accident insurance.
- Optional insurance coverage. Pay $1.09 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card and receive financial protection from a range of life events, including disability, job loss, critical illness and loss of life.
- New mobile device insurance. Up to $1,000 coverage in the event of loss, stolen or accidentally damaged.
What to watch out for
- High minimum balance. The minimum credit limit available is $5,000.
- High minimum annual income. You must have a minimum annual income of $60,000 or a minimum household income of $100,000 to qualify for this card.
- Expensive annual fee. Pay $120 per year to maintain your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card.
- Additional charge for extra cards. Pay $50 for each additional card on your account.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card offers a full suite of perks and benefits in return for a relatively low $120 annual fee. This card boasts 4% cashback rewards on daily purchases like groceries, recurring payments, and subscriptions, which is higher than most cashback cards on the market. Visa Infinite customers also get exclusive entertainment and dining deals in addition to comprehensive travel insurance coverage.
Frequently asked questions about the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card