- Get this card if you want to earn up to 2% cash back on basic purchases and recurring payments.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a targeted rewards program or would rather not pay an annual fee.
If you find yourself in charge of paying the bills, making the weekly grocery run or topping up the gas when it’s running on empty, then this card might be the right fit for you.
- Flat rate cash back. Offers a tough-to-beat 2% cashback rate on eligible spend at gas stations, grocery and drug store purchases including recurring payments when you spend $25,000 annually. Once the yearly spending requirement has been reached, you earn 1% cashback on all purchases.
- Purchase insurance. Most products purchased with your card are insured against theft, loss, or damage for 90 days from the purchase date and the manufacturer’s warranty is doubled for up to one year.
Optional Balance Transfer Offer
Consolidate your debts and save on hefty interest payments with a 2.99% introductory interest rate for the first 6 months when you transfer existing balances from other credit cards onto your Scotia Momentum Visa Card.
- Quick pay. Save time in busy checkout lines when you pay through Visa payWave, MyMobile Wallet, Visa Checkout and Apple Pay.
- Recurring payments. Get 2% cash back on subscriptions, telecommunication, insurance, gym memberships and other recurring monthly payments (a feature not offered by many other cashback rewards cards).
- Optional insurance coverage. Pay only $1.09 per $100 of the daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax) to receive conditional insurance coverage for a range of life events including disability, job loss, strike, critical illness or loss of life.
- Save on car rentals. Save up to 25% off at participating AVIS and Budget car rental locations in Canada and the U.S. when you pay with your Scotia Momentum Visa Card.
- World class service. Reach out to customer service 24/7 by calling the number on the back of your card. You can use this service to report cards missing or stolen, request additional cards, file complaints or resolve issues by speaking directly to an agent.
- Annual fee. You have to pay an annual fee of $39 which can eat into your total savings.
- Minimum income requirements. You will need to provide proof that your annual gross income is above $12,000 per year.
What do other customers say?
Most customers are relatively satisfied with the perks and benefits on offer from the Scotia Momentum Visa Card. The card offers 2% cashback on eligible purchases which can add up to big savings. Many cardholders are pleased with the cost-saving benefits of an introductory 2.99% interest rate on balance transfers while others are impressed by the level of customer service provided by Scotiabank. Some customers feel that the level of rewards aren’t worth the annual fee of $39 and prefer to opt for a fee-free card in exchange for less cash back.
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotia Momentum Visa Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotia Momentum Visa Card offers a no-frills, low-fee cashback rewards program for those who are interested in making a better return on everyday purchases. If you’re looking to get more bang for your buck, and aren’t interested in a ton of additional features, then this card might be right up your alley.