- Get this card if you spend big on gas, groceries, recurring bill payments and drug store purchases.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a targeted rewards program or would rather not pay an annual fee.
If you find yourself in charge of paying the bills, making the weekly grocery run or topping up the gas when it’s running on empty, then this card might be the right fit for you.
- Earn cash back.Earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, drug stores and on recurring bill payments (up to a $25,000 annual spend), and earn 1% cash back on all other spend (and on all eligible purchases once the $25,000 annual spend is reached).
- Welcome offer. Get a 2.99% introductory rate on balance transfers and a 0% balance transfer fee for the first 6 months. Apply by March 1, 2020.
- Purchase insurance. Most products purchased with your card are insured against theft, loss, or damage for 90 days from the purchase date and the manufacturer’s warranty is doubled for up to one year.
- Quick pay. Save time in busy checkout lines when you pay through Visa payWave, MyMobile Wallet, Visa Checkout and Apple Pay.
- Save on car rentals. Get up to a 25% discount at participating Budget and AVIS car rental locations in Canada and the US.
- World class service. Reach out to customer service 24/7 by calling the number on the back of your card. You can use this service to report cards missing or stolen, request additional cards, file complaints or resolve issues by speaking directly to an agent.
- Annual fee. You have to pay an annual fee of $39 which can eat into your total savings.
- Minimum income requirements. You will need to provide proof that your annual gross income is above $12,000 per year.
What do other customers say?
Most customers are relatively satisfied with the perks and benefits on offer from the Scotia Momentum Visa Card. The card offers a fair rate of cash back on eligible purchases which can add up to big savings. Many cardholders are pleased with the cost-saving benefits of an introductory balance transfer offer, while others are impressed by the level of customer service provided by Scotiabank. Some customers feel that the level of rewards aren’t worth the annual fee of $39 and prefer to opt for a fee-free card in exchange for less cash back.
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotia Momentum Visa Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotia Momentum Visa Card offers a no-frills, low-fee cash back rewards program for those who are interested in making a better return on everyday purchases. If you’re looking to get more bang for your buck, and aren’t interested in a ton of additional features, then this card might be right up your alley.