Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Card Review
Discover a smart, simple way to pay for your purchases with the Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Card.
The Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Card can earn 1% cash back on gas, groceries, drug store purchases and recurring payments (like telecommunications, insurance, subscriptions and memberships), and 0.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
7.99% intro APR for the first 6 months, 19.99% thereafter
Purchase Interest Rate
7.99% for the first 6 months (then 19.99%)
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Card|
|Reward||Receive 1% cash back on payments made at gas stations, supermarkets, pharmacies and recurring bill payments.|
|Welcome Offer||Offers a 7.99% introductory interest rate on all spend for the first 6 months. Ends March 1, 2020.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||7.99% intro APR for the first 6 months, 19.99% thereafter|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||7.99% for the first 6 months (then 19.99%)|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$500|
|Go to site|
- Get this card if you want a fee-free card that offers 1% cash back on daily purchases.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a targeted rewards program or would like more cashback rewards.
If you’re on a budget and are looking for a fee-free card that gives you a decent return on your daily and recurring purchases, then this card could be just the ticket.
- No annual fee. Provides no annual fee on principal and supplementary cardholders.
- Cashback rate. 1% cash back on qualifying purchases in gas stations, grocery and drug stores as well as recurring bill payments. Additionally, you also earn 0.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
- Quick pay. Pay for purchases in a flash when you use Visa payWave, My Mobile Wallet, Visa Checkout and Apple Pay.
- Recurring payments. Get 1% cash back on regular payments including subscriptions, internet and cell phone bills, insurance and memberships.
- Optional insurance coverage. Receive conditional insurance coverage when you pay an additional fee ($1.09 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card).
- Save on car rentals. Save up to 25% off at participating AVIS and Budget car rental locations in Canada and the U.S. when you pay with your Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Card.
- World class service. Reach out to customer service 24/7 by phone, e-mail or online form. Use this service to report cards missing or stolen, request additional cards, file complaints or resolve issues by speaking directly to an agent.
What to watch out for
- Low cash back rewards. The fee-free version of this card offers up to 2x less cash back than the Scotia Momentum Visa and up to 4x less than the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Card offers a zero-fee cashback rewards program for those who are looking to make a bit of pocket change on everyday purchases. If you’re looking to get more bang for your buck, then you might like to pay an annual fee to bump up to either the Scotia Momentum Visa or Visa Infinite Card for a 2% or 4% cashback rate on purchases.
Frequently asked questions about the Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Card